cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will plus net sims work in 2.5g phones?

Mungo
Dabbler

Will plus net sims work in 2.5g phones?

I ordered a £5 pm plus net sim for 500 mins and a sim free Nokia 216 for just £28, but I thought that was a 3G phone when I ordered it.

Will they work together? I was originally going to have to return the phone because I ordered it along with a 3 sim which wouldnt work without a 3G handset, but if the plus net sim Im getting instead will work with it I can have a phone with actual buttons again!

Id be planning on using this for all my outgoing calls alongside my smartphone.

I also found an offer from tpo that has 1000 minutes for £4 pm, but they use 3's network too so it definitely wont work and I dont want to carry around two smartphones.

Nvm, this query was already answered in another thread.

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Will plus net sims work in 2.5g phones?

As far as phone calls and texts are concerned there will be no problems at all with that phone but as for 2.5G is concerned my findings on this is it’s hard to find the correct network settings to input into the phone.

To be honest I’ve not even tried with PN but I have a sim free 2G + 3G WAP phone and have never got it to work correctly because mainly the correct settings are hard to come by because its old tech and mostly because I would fall asleep before a web page would load but I once (last year) got the mobile BBC home page to load on o2 2G and my history lesson and memory of WAP day’s where shelved from that time on as a complete frustrating experience.

So to sum up the phone will be fine for calls and text but don’t expect much more in the way of web browsing.

Just noticed you already sorted this for yourself and I thought wrongly you were referring to using mobile data so forget everything I said.Grin

Mungo
Dabbler

Re: Will plus net sims work in 2.5g phones?

Right its nothing to do with mobile data, making calls would be the only purpose of the phone and sim.

I have a data plan on my smartphone for that, I just needed a more suitable second line and phone purely for making calls.