cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my phone work in New York ?

FIXED
Zelda5289

Will my phone work in New York ?

Hi, I'm going to New York in 4 weeks. Will my iPhone with plusnet sim work ok whilst there or do I need to do anything to make it work?
Also if someone texts me from England or if I text them, will it cost them anything? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Will my phone work in New York ?

Hello @Zelda5289,

Thanks for getting in touch us!

Your service should connect onto the local network over there and work as normal. As its outside the EU you will find that you will be charged outside your normal tariff for any calls and texts you make or data you use.

You can find more information on the charges for making receiving, and using your services here: https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/roaming-and-international-calls/.

Hope you have a great time in New York!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Will my phone work in New York ?

Fix

Also if someone texts me from England or if I text them, will it cost them anything? Thank you!

It won't cost them any more than it would normally if you were in the UK, it WILL cost you to receive calls though. Check Maddy's link for costs , it's not cheap! Beware using any data when roaming in the USA it's eyewateringly expensive!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.