cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I need to backup my messages etc history?

loklok
Grafter

Will I need to backup my messages etc history?

I have just received my new EE sim because of PN fazing out their's and would like to know if all my messages in whatsap etc will carry over ok? anything I need to backup before changing to the EE sim and if so how would I go about it?

Sorry if the answer is obvious but on PC's I'm fine just not sure about mobile phone settings. BTW I have a mobile with the Android OS.

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Will I need to backup my messages etc history?

Assuming you're taking your number with you, then you shouldn't need to do anything. You can always back your messages up beforehand if you're worried though. You'll find a backup option in WhatApp's 'Chat' settings.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

loklok
Grafter

Thanks for that I have done the backup and changed to the EE sim and seems ok except that I asked to carry over my old number and my phone now shows a new one. So need to get that sorted. ATM I cant login to my new EE account so looks like a phone call will be needed. To think that I moved from them some time ago as I didn't rate their service too. Not happy.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 481

Sorry to hear that @loklok 

There's a good chance you've been given a temporary number from EE whilst they transfer over your old number. 

I'd reach out to them to confirm but if that's the case you shouldn't be without it too long 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team