cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi call on Plusnet Mobile ?

sheffpete
Rising Star

Re: Wifi call on Plusnet Mobile ?

Quite right, I only want a basic mobile package and the £6 sim deal is fine for me, so yes a bit optimistic to think PN will include wi-fi calling anytime soon, but nothing wrong with hoping ...

shaunfriend
Dabbler

@sheffpete wrote:

Quite right, I only want a basic mobile package and the £6 sim deal is fine for me, so yes a bit optimistic to think PN will include wi-fi calling anytime soon, but nothing wrong with hoping ...

I haven't checked this out but I think iD Mobile use EE https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling and they support wifi calling so it is entirely possible it may come to plusnet in the future.

stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

@shaunfriend wrote:

Absolutely agree. Just out of interest, which BT Mobile package will you opt for?

We went for 3 x SIMS with 5GB of data each, Unlimited calls and text. Because we are also moving the broadband there is a further discount of £5, so a total of £27 a month. I currently pay £31 for almost the same through Plusnet.

While I was ordering the PAC codes the CS said she could probably do me a cheaper deal, but for us, with limited coverage at home and my Wife's place of work, we underestimated how much we would miss the WiFi calling when going SIM only. So getting it back was more important.

shaunfriend
Dabbler

I haven't checked this out but I think iD Mobile use EE https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling and they support wifi calling so it is entirely possible it may come to plusnet in the future

Turns out it uses Three!

KeanosMagicHat
Hooked

When will I learn to never assume?

Just moved over from EE today and had assumed that this would just be a change of billing company effectively and I’d receive the same service capabilities.

Signed up to the forum to add my name to the list of Plusnet customers that would love to have WiFiCall enabled as soon as possible.

Unlike others, I don’t see this as a forlorn hope. As some have pointed out in this thread previously, other “budget” mobile providers are already delivering WiFiCall as an inclusive service.

It’s a highly competitive industry.

EDIT: Message to Plusnet - if you’re in the process of investigating this feature and are seeking Beta testers in the userbase, as a Plusnet Mobile & Broadband Customer, I’d happily volunteer.
AdamP

I'd also like to add my name to the list of Plusnet customers that would love to have WiFiCall enabled as soon as possible.  Used it often as an EE customer and wasn't aware that Plusnet wasn't offering this option - as others also found.

aussi

Yes, me too.

This is a deal-breaker for me as reception (on all networks) is very poor both at home and work - I need wifi calling.  Fortunately, I'm still in the cool-off period for the new contract, so will be cancelling my service due to this.  I'll keep an eye on this thread though (still a Plusnet Broadband subscriber) and if Wifi calling is implemented I'll be switching over.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

We'll be sure to pass all of this feedback on for consideration Smiley

philbev
Dabbler

Add me to the list of wifi calling wannahaves.

Robertg

Me too, I've only just learned this existed and it would be fantastic as the signal in my house is poor.  Looking at possibly switching away to get this feature in the future.  Would be great if PN supported it!

sheffpete
Rising Star

May even be worth paying a little extra to take this service if it came as an option.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I looked into this some time ago when moving to EE but used Carphonewarehouse as the deal was much better than EE direct.

Found out I couldn't use WiFi Calling because of this....

EE wrote:

You’ll need a compatible EE phone bought directly from us – in an EE store, online, or over the phone.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/using-your-phone-features/how-do-i-use-...

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
KeanosMagicHat
Hooked

@Strat

I might be misunderstanding your comment but I moved from EE to Plusnet and was disappointed that the WiFiCall feature was not maintained.

I had it on EE and it was extremely useful, but my iPhone was purchased via a third party online retailer, not from EE directly.
IvorMac

I too am a Plusnet Mobile & Broadband Customer with very limited mobile coverage at home.

I would also like to volunteer for beta testing of WiFiCall, should it ever become available on PlusNet.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@KeanosMagicHat wrote:
@Strat

I might be misunderstanding your comment

I was simply quoting EE Terms and Conditions. I also had it confirmed in-store.

If you've had it working then EE has it wrong (not an impossibility) Smiley

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine