cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi call on Plusnet Mobile ?

Billiephons

Wifi call on Plusnet Mobile ?

I know that Plusnet mobile uses the EE network but is wifi call supported ? At home my mobile signal is pretty poor and at the moment with EE I can use wifi call. If I swap wondering if I could still use this.

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wifi call on Plusnet Mobile ?

Hi, 

Even though we do use the EE network, we don't support all of the same service. So we don't currently support WIFI calling, but this may be something we can look into for the future. 

reubenash

Very disappointed to hear that you don't provide EE wifi calling as I also live in a bad reception area and have had to move to Vodafone to take advantage of their Sure Signal which also uses wifi to improve the signal.

Please notify me when you decide to offer the wifi calling service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked this question back on the 16th in another thread but it was ignored, but at least I know the answer now.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

EE themselves are quite restrictive with who can use WiFi calling. I remember you need to be a contract customer (phone or SIM only) and have one of the handsets they support it on.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@woodm wrote:

you need to ....... have one of the handsets they support it on.

I have a Samsung S6 which would support it if I bought it from EE.

However I bought it from Carphone warehouse so it doesn't.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Yeah, on some of the supported phones you need EE firmware on them too to use it and so need to get them from EE.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

In my case EE wanted £60 more for the same deal as Carphone warehouse so the 'sacrifice' was worth it.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

@EmilyMcAuliffe wrote:

Hi, 

Even though we do use the EE network, we don't support all of the same service. So we don't currently support WIFI calling, but this may be something we can look into for the future. 

Oh dear, that is a deal breaker for me and the relatives with PN.

EE's indoor coverage is simply not good enough in rural Somerset, plus the local towns and villages.

The 2G signal is on 1.8 GHz and does not penetrate into buildings.

The 3g signal on 2.1 GHZ is even worse.

The 4G signal is also on 1.8 GHz and no better than the 2G signal 😞

WiFi calling is essential due to the limitations of the EE network.

Cjr1986

I'm in Somerset too, and have just been on the phone to Plusnet about signal. In my house it's 1 maybe 2 bars at most but outside is fine, despite the signs checker telling me it was very good. If they enabled the wifi calling that would be amazing and solve all my problems sadly if not I'll have to leave
pimoody

As a happy PN broadband customer I was very pleased to hear about the new mobile offering via EE. However, we currently use Vodafone with a sure signal box, as we don't get a reliable signal at home on any of the networks. Sadly it looks as though I either have to stay with Voda or move to EE direct to get wifi calling. Come on Plusnet.....!

IvorMac

I was just about to signup for the 'Special Offer' PN mobile service and then I happened to read this message.

I too am in a poor EE service area (2G only and mediocre at that), but WiFi Calling does the trick.

So if we cannot have this service or something similar, then it's a no no for me, or as they say in the Dragons Den; 'and for that reason I'm out'

Sorry PN you have to do better if you want to attract customers to your 'new' mobile service; I'll just stick with EE thank you!

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

The Plusnet unlimited landline phone package, to which we upgraded recently, includes calls to mobiles.

RJM
Rising Star

@IvorMac

You pay for what you get.

As, I have stated before on another thread it is totally unreasonable to expect Plusnet Mobile to supply all the extras that EE offer.

If Plusnet Mobile was a clone of EE then we wouldn't be paying £10.00 a month.

The are so many free "apps" available to make free "WiFi" calls if you are in a bad signal area.

mikewalsh
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Although you can't use wifi directly if you can use whatsapp for your indoor calls 

I've just called someone in America using whatsapp Wink on my new plusnet sim.

Regards Mike