cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling as no signal indoors

Sarah7

WiFi calling as no signal indoors

Hi, I've recently moved house and now have zero indoor mobile signal. I've heard about boosting it using our WiFi router and contacted Plusnet just now to enquire. They've said they don't provide this service and when I asked if I should go to EE directly they said I could try but they won't guarantee that it will work for my Plusnet SIM (and do not seem bothered that I'm not getting the signal that I'm paying for!!)

Has anyone had any experience using this WiFi router 'booster' thing? Can anyone give me any advice?
The only network that says it has indoor coverage for my postcode is O2 so if I can't use this WiFi calling service then I'll change to them.
4 REPLIES 4
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: WiFi calling as no signal indoors

I doubt EE would supply you a signal box

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/general/signal-box/improve-your-signal-at-home-using-signal-box

becasue you do not have a contract with EE and EE have moved to WiFi calling, which PN mobile does not support.

If O2 provide the best signal, check out GiffGaff and TESCO mobile, both piggyback on the O2 network.

And Sky mobile also use the O2 network.

Regards

Richard 

Sarah7

Thanks Richard, I think you are right and I will have to move over to one of the O2 providers you've mentioned.
Can't quite believe that in 2020 I can't get mobile signal when I live less than 5 minutes away from a town!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon Sarah7,

I find this helpful put your post code and then your actual address to get a better idea for indoor and outdoor coverage

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage

Brian A

Sarah7

Thanks Brian, I'll do that now as that's a different checker to the one I used. Always useful to get info from more than one source!