Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling - Time for same features as rest of BT

FIXED
Pseudomax

Re: WiFi Calling - Time for same features as rest of BT

Hi Harry & Sarah

Whereas Plusnet clearly needs to manage its affairs according to what it perceives as appropriate for your business.

However, please don't suggest that WiFi calling will take the price from circa £8/month upto EE's pricing of circa £17/month as I have had to move to a different provider for the same reasons as others in this thread to achieve WiFi calling and I have found a very similar deal for £0.50/month more that offers this feature ... so it would not seemingly take much for you to do this if you had the desire!

cleavea

I'm not sure what is meant by fixed on this post - but i still can't use the wifi calling feature on my phone - is this something that is in the pipeline ?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi there.

I'm afraid we have no plans to offer this at this moment in time

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ilc72

It would be helpful if your SIM profile for the iPhone didn’t enable WiFi calling! I didn’t think to check after moving all services over to Plusnet.

Also the argument about cost is invalid, PlusNet is the ONLY major ISP that offers a Stafic IP address for only a one off payment of £5! Most don’t offer it at all!

I moved from EE to BT who at the time didnt offer WiFi calling, then they started to offer it, so the excuses are lame.

It’s a good job it’s a rolling contract otherwise we’d be talking an OFCOM complaint! I shall by necessity take my Mobile account along with two family members to another provider that does offer it!

The whole point of WiFi calling is that it’s for there when you don’t have a signal! I can definitely say the signal degraded with each move, first from EE to BT, then BT to PlusNet.

Shame on you! I’ve recommended your services to so many people as well!
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @ilc72

I am deeply sorry that you are unhappy with our mobile services.

I have forwarded this feedback to the relevant channel.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

japitts
Rising Star

@ilc72 wrote:

It’s a good job it’s a rolling contract otherwise we’d be talking an OFCOM complaint! I shall by necessity take my Mobile account along with two family members to another provider that does offer it!

As a broad brush rule, Ofcom won't be interested in complaints about provider "x" not offering service "y" - that's deemed to fall under consumer choice and checking what services your chosen provider has. If provider "x" offers service "y" but doesn't provide it or can't get it working, that's another story.

It's a bit like a customer complaining to Ofcom because EE doesn't offer a particular add-on that O2 does, for example. They will (I'm sure politely) advise you to move to a provider that best suits your needs.