cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi calling

Slunnyboy
Dabbler

Wi-fi calling

I recently switched to Plusnet mobile as I already have Plusnet Broadband. Unfortunately EE network is very poor in my house and I wanted to use Wi-Fi calling which doesn't work. I have read contradictory messages saying this should be possible and others saying Plusnet Mobile does not support it.
Question is does Plusnet Mobile support Wi-Fi calling in conjunction with Plusnet Broadband or not?
12 REPLIES 12
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Wi-fi calling

Plusnet mobile does not support Wi-Fi calling - whoever your ISP is.

John
Slunnyboy
Dabbler

Ok, thanks, any idea if Plusnet have plans to make Wi-Fi calling available in the future? If not I will have to switch to a different network.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

No idea - and they won't tell you until - or if - they do.

John
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

As @jab1 says they wont tell you until they did. However as people have been asking for this since Plusnet Mobile launched last decade, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
stevepickard

I also need this, living in an area without any mobile signal coverage.  Looking on the Plusnet FAQ, I noticed there is a Wi-Fi calling section, https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/wi-ficalling which suggests a different 4G SIM may be required.  On calling Plusnet though it seems this is not yet available and the guy I spoke to had no idea when it was likely to appear, and was not willing to try and find out more.

So, it looks like its (finally) on its way, but I'm not sure if my patience will extend much longer

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hmm, I'm not sure that page is supposed to be there 😕🤐

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

stevepickard

I am sure you a right - has there been any suggestion when the product will be available that you know of?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry for the confusion!

We've taken the page down, but we don't have plans to share regarding when we'll offer the service. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stevepickard

Thanks - I'll find someone else

Mike25

I recently called Plusnet to cancel my mobile deal because Plusnet does not support wi-fi calling. I was told that wi-fi calling is being introduced by Plusnet in March/April this year. So I postponed my cancellation. Now waiting developments.

stevepickard

Ended up going to 1p mobile - they are on EE network, £36 per year (unlimited calls/texts but only 250Mb data) and Wifi calling works a treat.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Yes, I have that 1p 12 months "deal". It's a no brainer if 250mb/month is sufficient and EE is the preferred network. I just switch off mobile data because I fortunately don't need it. Equivalent to £3/month. WiFi Calling too.🤐