Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi calling issue

Disting

Wi-Fi calling issue

iPhone 13 pro
Update 15.2.1
Really need WiFi calling. But:-
Phone has WiFi calling toggled on.
If I try to make a call the status bar shows no indication that WiFi is in fact being used.
Turned airplane mode on to ensure not using cellular, but comes up with ‘connect to WiFi’ when I try and make a call over WiFi in airplane mode even though it’s definitely connected to WiFi as I can use the internet.
Tried Vodafone sim and it displays WiFi calling and works no issues.
Tried plusnet sim in other phones (iPhone 13 same issue.)
Am I doing something wrong or is the Plusnet /iPhone 13 /latest iOS the issue, or are calls not allowed by Plusnet over WiFi?Huh
A lot of my calls are international and this could be a dealbreaker for me if unsupported.
Thanks for your inputs in advance .
7 REPLIES 7
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Wi-Fi calling issue

Welcome to the Forum,

Bad news I'm afraid see below .Also PN Mobile don't support short text codes you can receive them but not reply

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/WiFi-Calling/td-p/1829828#:~:text=Its%20just%20the%20f....

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Welcome to the forum.  🙂

@Disting wrote:
A lot of my calls are international and this could be a dealbreaker for me if unsupported.

How is that a deal breaker, when the cost of calls is the same whether using WiFi calling or not?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Disting

Are you being serious?
It’s a dealbreaker because ….Obviously:-
WiFi calling is free to make international calls , And unlimited
International calls on my package are limited, and cost me extra .
What’s difficult ?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

WiFi calling is free to make international calls , And unlimited

As @198kHz  says it isnt! Wifi calling just allows you to make calls via a Wifi network when you have no mobile signal. Any calls made are subject to the normal charges applicable to your package.

Using an application like Whatsapp may allow you to calls other whatsapp users for free using Wifi, but that is not Wifi calling as such.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Disting

Thanks
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I think much confusion arises because it's often promoted as 'no extra cost'.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

I think Plus Net Mobile are more interested in telling people that they use the EE network and therefore people think they get the same benefits as EE than actually advising what you actually get or in PNM case don't get    

Plusnet Mobile is proud to use the EE network. With 90% coverage across the UK, you'll rarely struggle to fill those signal bars.