cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't you specify "total additional charges" why are they hidden and how do i find them?

ZeroZero

Why don't you specify "total additional charges" why are they hidden and how do i find them?

Just to call things "total additional charges" does not let the customer know what they are being charged for, as well you know, why are they hidden and is it legal to charge without specifying why? 

14 REPLIES 14
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Why don't you specify "total additional charges" why are they hidden and how do i find

Moderator's note:

Thread moved to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

ZeroZero

Re: Why don't you specify "total additional charges" why are they hidden and how do i find

This did not "fix my problem" why don't you answer the question MOD? 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

The MOD's on here are customers just like you and me, and have no access to customer information.

He has kindly moved your thread to an area more likely you get a response from PN.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Moderators are customers, just like you and I.  They are here in a voluntary capacity to keep the forums running smoothly and in accordance with the forum rules.

He moved your post to a more appropriate area in the forums, where a member of staff are more likely to pick it up and respond in a timely manor.

Edit: @Mustrum beat me to it!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ZeroZero

OK I stand corrected and apologise to him, but not to Plusnet. 

My question is still not answered why can Plusnet simply put additional charges on your account without specifying what they are

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi ZeroZero,
Where have you seen "total additional charges"?
Is it on a bill or the PN website?
If the latter can you post a link?
Richard
ZeroZero

On my bill

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Is that a landline & broadband bill or a mobile phone bill?
I had a look at my landline & BB bill but coukd not see mention of additional charges.
ZeroZero

it's a mobile phone bill. Obviously it only appears when there are additonal charges. 

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Thread moved to Mobile for better visibility with the correct team.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Additional charges will always be outlined elsewhere on the bill. May I ask where on the bill this appears?

ZeroZero

It appears on the PDF bill and htere is no way to follow any link to describe why I have been charged extra and no mention of "additional charges" in the help. Like Virgin, Plusnet are going out of their way to make their charges opaque and difficult to track down.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

There should be a breakdown in the Additional charges section on page 2 of the bill

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

If you could drop me a PM ZeroZero I can bring up the PDF bills from our end and take a look for you.