cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get mates rates?

FIXED
Caistor

Why can't I get mates rates?

I have recently moved to Plusnet mobile and have been a Plusnet broadband customer for many years. I am on 10GB data on a 30 day contract and should have got a mates rates bonus on top of this. I did an online chat with the mobile support team today and they said I couldn't have mates rates as this package is no longer available. Doesn't every broadband customer get a mates rate bonus as advertised all over the Plusnet website?
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Why can't I get mates rates?

Fix

Thanks for your post @Caistor 

Mates Rates is basically one of our existing customer mobile deals found Here.

Did you sign up on one of these above offers? Depending on when you signed up those offers may have changed though, but you'd be free to move to another 'existing customer' deal.

There's more information regarding this in our FAQs webpage Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Caistor

I am sure I logged in to my account area and clicked onto a link to the mobile deals to ensure I got the best deal. Thats how I have upgraded my broadband package for many years. None of the packages on that link are as good as the one I signed up for when you had offers in the new year so why would I change? I don't understand how as an existing broadband customer I could end up with a mobile deal without mates rates?

Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I think there's some confusion here. There's no offer specifically labelled mates rates, the offers for broadband customers are simply better. If you signed up to a new deal via your account and that's better than the offers for existing 'broadband' customers you see publicly available, then you'd be on the best deal that we currently offer. 

Let me know if I've missed something here or you've got any further queries. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Caistor

Definitely some confusion.  The front page of your mobile website currently has a big statement '2GB EXTRA FOR EVERY BROADBAND CUSTOMER ON EVERY DEAL'

What you are saying is there are some deals we can click on that don't get 2GB extra on what is shown on the offer page, and it doesen't say it includes 'Mates Rates' on the existing customer offer pages as there are no offers labelled like this... but this isn't made clear on the offer page, and certainly makes the above statement false advertising.  How are we supposed to know???

After nearly 20 years as a Plusnet broadband customer I am very disappointed with the Plusnet mobile experience.  Lucky I am on a 30 day contract.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the confusion. What I am trying to say is that our 'mates rates' deals for broadband customers can be found here: https://www.plus.net/mobile/sim-only-30-day/existing-customer-offer

You'd access this page by clicking on 'View all packages' underneath the text you've quoted.

If you have got a better deal as a retention offer through your account rather than the 'new mobile customer' broadband customer offer found in the above link then that's great. Smiley

[edit]

@Caistor Reading your post again you've said you've signed up as a new mobile customer. Did you not go through the above link? 

[edit 2]

Looking into this further even if you log into a broadband account and click on the mobile deal banner this takes you to the above page where you can select if you're an 'existing' broadband customer and then sign up on mates rates. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet