cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Plusnet unable to automatically provide proper VAT invoices?

Kryten
Rising Star

Why are Plusnet unable to automatically provide proper VAT invoices?

After a lengthy email exchange with the helpful Support guys on here, the conclusion is that if you want a VAT invoice you have to request one each and every month after your standard bill is calculated and sits in your Account. They don't have the facility to provide one automatically. I am amazed.

For broadband not a problem, but your mobile, oooh no we can't do that. Am I the only business mobile customer for goodness sake?

Sorry venting my spleen.

5 REPLIES 5
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Why are Plusnet unable to automatically provide proper VAT invoices?

You may use your mobile for business but Plusnet don't have any business mobile customers at all (including you) as it's a personal contract only. That'll be why they're just not set up to send out VAT invoices.

Kryten
Rising Star

Well Colin, it doesn't excuse the fact that a VAT registered company of this size that charges VAT is unable to issue VAT invoices. Preposterous I'm afraid but I'll get round it.

[EDIT]: Actually Colin, I would go further. As a self employed person for over 40 years I would question on what basis you think I am not a business customer. If I run a business and charge VAT and use my mobile for business use (and personal use occasionally, obviously), how am I not a business customer? Unless it's some previous interpretation of a business customer that I am not aware of.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

I have removed 2 posts that were veering off-topic and inflammatory.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

I understand where you're coming from, Kryten, but unfortunately use of this nature is against our terms and conditions:

4. Your use of the services

4.1. You must:

4.1.1. only use the services for personal use (so you can’t use the services to run your own business although occasionally accessing work emails is okay).

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/mobile-terms/

Kryten
Rising Star

Thanks Michael. Appreciate your input. You will see from my usage that I am not a heavy business user. I don't think I make 30 mins of calls a month and my data usage is virtually non existent, so you have no need to worry on that score. I am almost retired anyway.