Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Plusenet rubbish at porting?

FIXED
JohnCT1
Grafter

Why are Plusenet rubbish at porting?

I gave them my port details on the 20th. They said I would port yesterday. It did not despite an email stating it would happen and a call to the help desk yesterday PM assuring me that it would happen. On calling today it is now (so they say) going to be Friday. The reason for the delay? Yesterday was Christmas Eve, I thought everyone knew when Christmas is. Why did it take so long in the first place, and why should Christmas eve delay it? The problem for me is that it means I run out of the moratorium of low cost transfer from BT. 

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Why are Plusenet rubbish at porting?

Thanks for your post @JohnCT1

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened.

So we can investigate further can you PM me the following?

- Your mobile number or account number
- Your full address and postcode
- Your full name and if you're the account holder?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JohnCT1
Grafter

well this is a mess. I received a text from my old supplier to say that my number had been moved to Plusnet. However the best Plusnet could do was Send a message saying it will be complete on 12-12-2019, but no confirmation that it is. I tried ringing the Temporary number Plusnet gave me at the beginning of this fiasco, so I tried my old number that is being ported. That worked, so I the porting complete or do Plusnet have more to do?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

Hi @JohnCT1,

The port completed yesterday afternoon, on the account it's showing that notifications are being sent out, but it doesn't look like you're receiving them. I'm going to get @MatthewWheeler to reply your DM just to confirm one or two other bits of information as I think there's a separate issue there. 

The important thing is the port is complete and you have your number back.

JohnCT1
Grafter

i have just put the phone down on the help deak. He dais it would not complete  for a while. what is going on, what is the truth?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@JohnCT1,

It completed last night. Originally it should have been the 24th (which is when the notifications sent out said) but it was delayed until the next working day (27th) at about half 5. I can't see a copy of the contact from the helpdesk when you've called, though I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't tell you it has completed, because all the notifications have been listed on the account and it's updated with the ported number. I can only apologise if someone on the Mobile Helpdesk has told you something they shouldn't have. 

JohnCT1
Grafter

thank you, so i can now contact my relatives and friends, relatively easily. also why did the help desk tell me that is would not be completed until monday/ Left Hand right hand?