cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do you think you are telling me what length password i am allowed!

positor

Who do you think you are telling me what length password i am allowed!

Can't log in to either of my mobile accounts, not the first time and often it just resolves itself.

Having read the comments I decided to try the reset password routine only to find that i can not have a password I want.

I do not need 10 characters, i do not need a special character. If as a result someone with no life gets access to my bills i am sure i will survive that breach.

It is my decision not yours what to have as a password.

Together with the lack of wifi calling and the worst mobile signal i have ever had thanks to EE turning off lots of masts some years back it seems it will be easier to go back to vodafone.

I can not get over your arrogance with this.

ALSO...there is absolutely no reason why any website needs cookies, they make things easier but are not essential , they are essential when a website wants to track you PLUSNET! 

Also adblockers do not stop functionality unless the website is expressly designed to look for them and refuse connection.

2 REPLIES 2
positor

Re: Who do you think you are telling me what length password i am allowed!

addendum

The link's only valid for 24 hours, so you'd better get a move on.

Better get a move on had I? what a professional statement that is! are you not embarrassed?

cOmp
Rising Star

Re: Who do you think you are telling me what length password i am allowed!

Looks like some responses/replys are missing in this thread.

I agree with the cookies there is no need for anyone to store them an anyone's pc unless the purpose is to follow you around them web which most sites do. I use Firefox and block all 3rd party cookies except the ones that sites need to function. I also use an add-on that blocks all google trackers I forgot the name if you need I will find out when I get home for you.

The reason any organisation determines why a password must be X characters long with a number and special character is because it's to safeguard your details from preying eyes and the password is unique that supposedly be harder to hack or easy to guess and because of the current GDPR. I know you said you can cope with your own data breach but the organisations can't as a breech means almost 20% of annual turn over as a fine if someone obtains your details. (Don't quote me on the % fine can't remember the actual figure).

I have run out of ideas for passwords these days so I just use Firefox inbuilt password manager where it will create it secure password for me all I have to do is remember by master password and I will auto enter the X number of char password for me everytime I go to a site I registered with.
Yorkshire and Proud. Embarrassed to be with Plusnet.