Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the spacial deals?

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Where are the spacial deals?

I was tempted to leave Plusnet and go with Smarty partly to test their coverage but also because they were offering 2GB extra data for the same money that I'm paying on Plusnet for my 30-day contract.

Requested PAC and since then I'm getting emails and texts from Plusnet trying to make me stay and offering the best deals, which are the same as existing deals.

In the end I stayed just because I don't want the hassle of switching right now, but I have to say Plusnet could do better than offering me existing deals.

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Where are the spacial deals?

@pkw 

Your post is somewhat provocative!  What do users expect of a supplier?

• To have "special" rates which are only available to those leaving (but not to those joining or remaining)?
  • Open and transparent pricing models which offer the same prices to anyone?

Your reflections seem to suggest that there should be a special rate for people such as yourself who have indicated that they are departing ... so should be offered something others cannot get.

That said, Plusnet does have an odd pricing structure, some are clearly a "best deal" and others, well one wonders why they are offered at all, beyond creating a "best deal" and "not so good deal" offering for comparison.

All SIM deals are 30 days and include unlimited texts.

• £8 - 2G and 500 mins or 5G unlimited mins
  • £10 - 4G and 1000 mins or 15G and unlimited mins
  • £12 - 6G and 1500 mins or 30G and unlimited mins
  • £15 - 50G and unlimited mins

Broadband customers get mates rates +2G and unlimited mins.

Smarty deals look much better - much more G/£ - 5G if the device supports it and WiFi calling, neither of which Plusnet supports.

As for hassle of switching all you need to do is send a text message - see Text-to-Switch to SMARTY - Text-to-Switch - though I do wonder if Plusnet's non-support for short codes might inhibit this?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@Townman PN do allow the 'switch' code.

John
pkw
Aspiring Pro

Well, I didn't expect any special rates for people who are leaving. It's Plusnet who started emailing me links to deals, and the way it was worded sounded like they were indeed special deals to stop me leaving. With other providers (or even Plusnet broadband) often offering personalised deals, it's only reasonable I was expecting that.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@pkw 

Indeed, they were the best deals for you, which Plusnet also offers to all of its customers alike, leaving, joining or staying, which is the way all suppliers should operate.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pkw
Aspiring Pro

That seems to be the case.
Perhaps instead of saying "don't leave, take a look at our special deals" they should say "Don't leave, you've probably checked out our existing special deals but in case you haven't here's a reminder".
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

That is a very fair point - equal prices for all, but do not spin an inference that they are special just for you.