cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my sims? I can not even use my phones because i havent recieved sims and you transfer #no

Khalsa123
Hooked

Where are my sims? I can not even use my phones because i havent recieved sims and you transfer #no

Ordered 3 sim cards they blocked my old sim because i wanted to transfer my number from old provider and did not even send the sims I cant even use my phone.

They told me i would recieve my sim on saturday and I made the order on Wednesday.

Plusnet said that i will have the sim early on saturday and my number will be transfered on tuesday week after .. it is now thursday I have chased plusnet and they are blaming royal mail. This doesnt make sense royal mail have posted my normal post on these days so i do not see why this would be a problem. Me and my family have not been able to use our phones since Tuesday! 

Ridiculous, this is making me not want to even keep their broadband that i signed up for at the same time last week. How can they not sent the sim and block the old sim! 

18 REPLIES 18
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Where are my sims? I can not even use my phones because i havent recieved sims and you transfer

In the press there are many reports of Royal Mail being behind due to the number of Covid cases.

I wonder why you would not wait until the SIMS arrived before transferring the nu,bers, or even why you did all three together?

Khalsa123
Hooked

Re: Where are my sims? I can not even use my phones because i havent recieved sims and you transfer

I Have received all my other post so royal mail has not had problems. Thank you.

Plusnet transferred the number themselves I did not tell them to transfer before!!!! So not my fault, plusnet were meant to send the sim 3 days before the date of transferring number.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

From the BBC Royal Mail names areas hit by Covid postal delays - BBC News

PN cannot transfer numbers without a PAC code which you must have told them  - something does not sound right!

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

You can give PAC at time of sign up, the sims are activated automatically 2 or 3 days after shipping iirc and then 2 days for PAC transfer.. so that ties up with timings given by OP.

Also shows the flaw in automatic activation in these odd days.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
harryw66
Grafter

I placed an order with Plusnet on the 6th of Jan along with a STAC code (wanted a new number), they charged my bank account on the 7th of Jan, the old Vodafone SIM stopped working on the 12th - but I still don't have my PlusNet SIM as of 20th Jan.

What I don't understand is why PlusNet think it is OK to start charging the customer, but then send out the SIM using Royal Mail snail service - despite Royal Mail delivery woes fully and widely known for over a month now.

Vodafone at least uses a Tracked Service - which RM is prioritising over normal 1st/2nd class post. I have received 48hr Tracked stuff sent by eBay sellers within 3-4 days, whereas I am still missing several normal 1s/2nd class items sent over 2 weeks ago.

Khalsa123
Hooked

Hi Harry, 

This seems like my issue exactly, I received all my other post from Royal Mail and Plusnet were blaming it on Royal Mail. I had to call and complain for 3 days in a row and then my sims came 6 days later than they said they would. 4 days after my old sim was deactivated by Plusnet!!!!! 

I doubt i want to even go ahead with Plusnet now!

I cancelled my broadband contract which was meant to start at the end of this month, RUBBISH SERVICE!... First they don't send my sims on time and then they blame another company. How can my 2nd class post reach me before their 1st class sim card in the post? LIESSS

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps text edited as per Forum rules.

Khalsa123
Hooked

So you are saying that royal mail had a problem with my first class post from Plusnet. But no problem with my 2nd class post and other post from other companies?

?

How can royal mail post every other letter and package and not the plusnet sims?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps text edited as per Forum rules.

harryw66
Grafter

Hi @Khalsa123 

Lucky you 😉 - at least you got your SIM 6days late - I have been waiting for almost 2 weeks.

All PlusNet had to do is spend a few extra pennies and use the RM Tracked Service.

As well as the eBay Tracked postage items arriving in 3-4 days, I placed an order for something else online on Monday which was dispatched the same day, using Royal Mail Tracked 48 service - just checked the tracking number and apparently it is already out for delivery today - 2 days later - even though I am in an area listed as Royal Mail as heavy backlogged.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi Harry,

Can you drop me a PM with the following details so I can investigate further?

I suspect something's gone wrong as it absolutely shouldn't take 2 weeks to receive a SIM from us. 

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Khalsa123
Hooked

Good Luck Harry, Seems like one of the plusnet help team are going to try to help you! They did not even offer me help I had to chase it so many times by calling (using my colleagues phone) So annoying, but i hope you get your sim soon! Smiley  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Khalsa123 Apologies for not acknowledging your issues in your post. I hadn't offered help as I understand you've received your SIM cards now? Sorry for the time it's taken for the card to reach you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
harryw66
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf 

I just spent over 20mins on the phone with your colleague who told me there was nothing further that could be done as we were in a Royal Mail major backlog area (he checked my postcode).

I also received an email a few minutes ago from your Complaints Department stating '.... it is delayed because Royal Mail do not have the same amount of staff working at the moment due to the current situation going on with the coronavirus epidemic in this country'.Your postcode is also part of the royal delivery delays'...You can expect to receive an update on this by 2021-01-28'...

However, as pointed out I have received several Royal Mail Tracked 48 items over the past few weeks with 3-5 days max of dispatch - including one out for delivery today which I only ordered on Monday.

I am currently speaking to Vodafone to see if I can revert back to them and cancel with PlusNet...

I was hoping to gradually migrate all 4 of my Vodafone accounts as the contracts ended over to PlusNet - but this is looking unlikely - since PlusNet seem to be incredibly inflexible in their response to the current Royal Mail issues and continue to use their standard service - regardless of the potential problems this could cause for their customers. Looking at your forums now, I can see am not the 1st to have this problem - but PlusNet has just ignored it and carried on regardless.

Khalsa123
Hooked

Anoush Mortazavi - When i raised this i hadnt received all my sim cards .... I recieved them a couple of days after

But no worries I will most probably be moving from Plusnet because of this lack of customer service, I NEVER complain but this was ridiculous. 

1. I was unable to use 3 of my sim cards for 4 days+ 

2.Blaming Royal Mail when it as clearly not a Royal mail issue, it seems like Plusnet did not send the sims until i made my 3rd complaint call.

3. Noone even tried to help or showed any sort of care at Plusnet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Harry,

As far as I'm aware our SIMs are sent by 1st class post (the same as our broadband routers) and the vast majority arrive within two days after they're handed over to Royal Mail. Although I appreciate they're not tracked or guaranteed delivery.

Having said that even tracked guaranteed deliveries aren't always guaranteed now, not long ago I personally waited 10 days for a tracked next day delivery package to arrive to Sheffield. 

If you can still PM me your details I can take a closer look although I suspect that based on what you've said one of my colleagues in our complaints department may already be case handling this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet