Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my PAC port complete?

FIXED
brightonbelle
Grafter
Fixes: 1

When will my PAC port complete?

The number I'm transferring from my previous provider went dead more than 3 hours ago, when can I expect it to be working again?

Tried calling 500 but nobody answered.

Not very happy

7 REPLIES 7
dazzh
Grafter

Re: When will my PAC port complete?

@brightonbelle be prepared for a long wait. Read the other threads about the issue

I've been waiting since Thur 29th Dec 2016, this was when my GiffGaff number was disconnected, for my transfer.

Others have went through quicker but it's a lottery as to which ones, hopefully yours will be OK.

HangTen
Rising Star

My number was out of action for about 4 hours during the porting process.

brightonbelle
Grafter

It seems to have transferred now.

The sooner Ofcom does its job properly and scraps the whole PAC rubbish the better.

Voicemail isn't kicking in when I reject a call but I'm sure there's a solution to that.

brightonbelle
Grafter

Fix

Replying to my own thread here.

For a couple of hours after the number transferred the phone sometimes didn't ring, callers didn't get an option to leave a voicemail message; instead the line showed as busy. And if I tried calling 555 I got through but everything was in French.

It seems to have sorted itself out now.

But it was all a bit amateurish. I'd expect maybe a 10 minute window where nothing works, then immediately for everything to work.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

In an ideal world that may happen but I've never experienced or heard of anything like a 10 minute window after the number passes over.

brightonbelle
Grafter

@Colin_Maybe wrote:

In an ideal world that may happen but I've never experienced or heard of anything like a 10 minute window after the number passes over.

Every other PAC port I've done, as soon as the original sim went to emergency calls only a reboot of the phone with the new sim has been all that's needed.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

I've only ported a number once ( from Orange to giffgaff ) and I can concur with @brightonbelle it was only a few minutes downtime. There's a really good detailed explanation of the porting process here https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Porting-in-explained/ta-p/4221529#faq_no_3

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.