cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should have been simple is turning into a farce or nightmare!

Preacherlady
Grafter

What should have been simple is turning into a farce or nightmare!

Right so buy a new iPhone as am deaf, use texts and email, use FaceTime on iPad, and am getting a Cochlear Implant is a few weeks.  The new processor [behind the ear bit] has direct streaming from a iPhone and you can control functions, volume etc via a APP.  So good excuse to buy new phone.

That part was simple.  Thursday afternoon sit down at the iMac and decided to order a Plusnet Mobile SIM card.  Get to payment page and the screen says "Whoops, Error try later", so I do so again, and again....and again. Because I would not think that if there had been an error that the details would be kept and actually constitute an order. Do Live Chat and be told there are technical issues but try another browser.  So do so and eventually I get an order that is placed and confirmed quite quickly by email.

Friday, the post arrives and there is not ONE SIM card but four!  Only open one.  Go on line and have a very lengthy Live Chat and ask that because the computer system is obviously not working properly that the excess cards be cancelled, refunds on credit card be refunded and direct debits cancelled.  So the lady said she had done that, and I also asked her to Port my old number to the card number I had kept [not happened yet].

Saturday, another SIM card arrives in post.  So repeat my lengthy Live Chat.  The young man says says he has cancelled everything except the one keeping.  Late last night get three emails, all saying my account is live, one saying have nil debit, one saying six pounds debit and one saying 5.80 debit [odd amount!].  

So now wondering if the excess have really been cancelled, whether will get right number of credit card refunds, why 5.80, and also wondering if yet another SIM card will turn up in post tomorrow!!

Am getting really annoyed that this has happened and know that at some point today am going to do live chat once more, and possibly again tomorrow.  Getting to know a few of the staff is all very well but would be lovely to get the same person to stop having to repeat the whole story.

And the other thing was my credit card company contacted me to ask about all the activity of my card so had to explain to them!

So beware, if the screen says "Whoops, err, try again" DO NOT do so!!  

7 REPLIES 7
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: What should have been simple is turning into a farce or nightmare!

Whoops... (Too soon? Sorry, couldn't resist Wink)

I see this sort of thing a lot in my job, if there's a problem signing up for anything after hitting submit I would always advise contacting the company involved before trying again (and again and again). I've seen bills of hundreds of pound ran up for a £10 service.

As for the port (perhaps you already know), no company does ports over the weekend because it's a complicated manual process so you'll need to be patient. Admittedly in your case I'd be waiting with baited breath Undecided

Preacherlady
Grafter

Well after if happened a couple of times, I did contact Plusnet on Live Chat and this woman told me they had technical issues but to try again, preferably on a different browser so I did!! I would not so again but am really angry with the situation.

And another email just now telling me another account is live!!

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

What is it with PN computer servers as they seem very flaky at the best of times on more occasion than not I have my account crash while checking something and having Mr Nice Guy come up and say “Whoops”.

PN need to get down to PCWorld and buy a new computer me thinksCheesy, or maybe they just can’t get a fast internet connect to their computer.Shocked

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

If you're using the Safari browser (usually on a Mac) then I'd advise a different browser too, it causes problems all the time in my extensive experience.

Preacherlady
Grafter

Not had problems before with Safari!  But have now got Firefox on the iMac as backup.....

Am still getting emails about credit but apparently it is to do with the refunds.  Have found a very nice member of staff called [CSA Removed] on Facebook who answers queries quicker than on Live Chat!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

Preacherlady
Grafter

sorry meant to remove name before posting, also to say downloaded Firefox to iPad not iMac! I pressed button too soon.....

Preacherlady
Grafter

Well,my number has ported over correctly, had no more SIM cards so hopefully everything now sorted.