Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What phone are you using?

JS1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

What phone are you using?

Hi

I have a new plusnet SIM and would not work on my Moto E3. The plusnet SIM works fine in my Moto E (1st Generation) phone. I have given back the Moto E3 as after trying everything just could not get the plusnet SIM to work. I know don't know if the actual Moto E3 I had was faulty or if it is the phone make in general. I don't want to get the same phone again only to have the same problem. Therefore what other makes of phone are people using that works with the plusnet SIM?

9 REPLIES 9
HangTen
Rising Star

Re: What phone are you using?

Plusnet SIM working fine in my new Huawei Honor 5C (from Amazon, about £150, sim-free)

custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

My main phone is a Moto G (3rd Gen) and i also have Moto E3. I am waiting for my SIM so will let you know how I get on!

JS1
Dabbler

Perfect custos.

I really liked the Moto E3 so would love to buy again if I knew it was just a "bad" phone.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Was the Moto E3 locked to another network?

where did you get it from?

custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Both phones were bought from Argos as unlocked and seem to work fine on any Network. Currently the E is on Three and the G is on GiffGaff (02). Some 'unlocked' phones bought on-line were originally locked and seem to still have some settings burnt into them that can make getting the correct APN set up difficult.

fixerman
Dabbler

I'm using a Nexus 5X.

JS1
Dabbler

My Moto 3 was from Argos and was advertised as unlocked. EE SIM worked in it but plusnet SIM didn't.

HangTen
Rising Star

@JS1
If you originally had an EE SIM in the phone, it may have automatically put some settings into the phone - these may need changing for the Plusnet SIM to work properly .... e.g. I needed to add a new APN on my phone to get 4G to work after it had had an EE SIM in it.

firebird1000
Rising Star

hi there i am using a alcatel 6inch screen sim free and it worked soon as it was turned on no probs or set up for the net workSmiley6600