cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I have to do to stop you pestering me

nheather
Dabbler

What do I have to do to stop you pestering me

The saga continues - when will I ever be rid of you.

I applied for Plusnet Mobile on 27th September - it got activated on 29th September and within hours it was apparent that there was absolutely no service at my house and so I cancelled.  I then went through a very torturous time to get money that I paid back but eventually it was all sorted - or so I thought.

PN have confirmed that my account is closed but it comes as no surprise that at the end of every month since I get an email telling me that my latest bill is available.  So it clearly isn't close but that comes as no surprise because PN have demonstrated a culture of institutionalised lying at every encounter.

Fortunately, I cancelled the Direct Debit because I feel sure that had I not PN would have been stealing from me every month.

Not sure whether PN are fraudulent or just incompetent - but it is one or another.

There accounts staff seem to be incapable of completing any process correctly - truly one of the most inept companies that I have ever had the misfortune to be involved with.

PLEASE CLOSE MY ACCOUNT PROPERLY!

Delete my details - you are in breach of the GDPR as it stands because you have no legitimate reason to hold onto them.

If you do not do this and I receive a "your statement is ready" at the end of December then I will register a GDPR violation with the ICO.

Nigel

14 REPLIES 14
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: What do I have to do to stop you pestering me

I'm really sorry to see this and I'd just like to make sure that we're doing all we can do to resolve this. 

Could you send me a private message with your mobile number so I can pass account security with you and get this dealt with?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nheather
Dabbler

Thanks for your quick response.

But you do realise how pathetic it sounds.  You make it sound like I have asked to you to find a cure for cancer.  It's plain and simple, just close the account that's all there is to it.  It should require any "we are doing all we can to resolve this" it really is a bloody fundamental function, it really shouldn't be difficult.

As it is you are breaking the law.

Nigel

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @nheather,

Thanks for getting back to us. We would need you to PM one of my colleagues as I am out of the office tomorrow with your mobile number, full name and address including post code.

This will help us locate the account and get this resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
nheather
Dabbler

Are you guys deliberately vague.

PM one of your colleagues- yeah right because PN publish a directory of staff to contact.

How the he'll do I know who your colleagues are - do you know mine.

If you mean Gandalf then he already has all my details in PM from all my miserable times to get my money returned.

I'll PM him yet again with the details but to be honest I'm really fed up - more inclined just to report your GDPR violation to the ICO.

Nigel
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @nheather,

Sorry to hear you feel that way. @Gandalf is out of the office today but is back in tomorrow. I will email him for you to pick up your previous PM and get him to get back in touch.

Sammy

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

whats this, plusnet musical chairs.

Reading this really does make you think - WHAT!!!

1. I cant (or wont) deal with your issue right now, contact someone else,

2. who replies {goto 1}

I suggest you plusnet staff reread this thread as if you were a customer,

Then report yourselfs for some training in BASIC customer service and issue resolution.

Interesting that this 'help team' member has just 19 'fixes' in the best part of a year here ....

Unless that total is reset on a daily (or at least weekly) basis it really does define the problem doesn't it?

addendum

OMG I've just seen that the other staff member in this thread only appears to have 76 fixes in 11 YEARS

If those are accurate, I can see where PN's issues lie.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I think it would be fair to sat that the 'Fix' function is somewhat misused.

Many people who do use it, incorrectly mark their opening post or their closing post as the fix.

Likewise many people don't use it at all so the numbers don't really reflect reality.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
RobC
Pro

@Strat wrote:

I think it would be fair to sat that the 'Fix' function is somewhat misused.

Strat

That appears to smack of 'blaming the customer' to me,

and/or are you perhaps inferring that Plusnet have set up the 'fix' mechanism inadequately?

In either case there are two staffers in this thread alone who are failing to resolve this customers ongoing issue, and at least one other who has been involved from the customers description.

Looks likely those stats are accurate to me from that.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi RobC, the ability to mark a thread as fixed is dependent on that option being clicked on by the OP, it's worth bearing in mind it's only been in place a year or so too. 

Before we can assist with mobile queries we need to be able to link to the relevant account which is why we've been asking the OP to contact us directly. 

@nheather, there's a section on the front page of Community at https://community.plus.net/ at the bottom of the page marked "who's online" any employees of Plusnet are marked as staff. 

Thanks for sending me a message as requested. I'm going to reply now and I'll be on shift until 4pm today and will be monitoring for responses, it would be helpful if you could reply back here after you've responded to the message. 

Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro

adam,

Yours appears to have been the only even half way professional response here (both)

When you consider

* that the disconnections team dropped the ball at least once (multiple times is implied)

* Then gandalf apparently carries on fumbling the ball before apparently stuffing it in his back pocket

* then Sammy just kicked a fresh ball into touch - twice, seemingly with attitude at a justifiably annoyed customer

* admittedly the customer was (understandably) averse to passing a new ball to you

as the customer says ... its pretty basic stuff

The failures really do make PN look incredibly bad, and and simply not rare when you look through the threads.

So even at just a year, those fix figures look really really [-Censored-], and rather than 'blame the customer' for that, perhaps look critically and address the OBVIOUS repeated failings?

As part of my prior life, I had a call center reporting to me, and I can assure you that your center manager would long ago have been in my office (before lunch) with answers expected - and neither he nor your team leaders would be happy when he got back.

Just as I would not be happy with having to report the situation to the director/head of operations.

RobC
Pro

all that aside, gandalf is in and has been for some time, so hopefully this now ex probably never to return customer is being informed that the issues are resolved as we speak?

nheather
Dabbler

I imagine that PlusNet is a company that has a small number of people trying to do the right thing but overall is largely dysfunctional.

The accounts depart in particular, I picture as a very toxic workplace, with staff being bullied by management when customers are lost.  I can imagine moral being rock bottom and that recruitment is scraping the bottom of the barrel so that those working there either don't care, have no scruples and looking for the earliest opportunity to leave.

I've encountered a few poor performing companies in my time but even then I can often see that they are trying to do the right thing.  PlusNet is the exception - this is the only retailer that I will actively tell friends and relatives to avoid at cost - I haven't seen one redeeming feature in PlusNet - it is the perfect model of what a service company shouldn't be.

Cheers,

Nigel

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to see you feel that way, my only intention is to get this resolved and I'll stick with you until it has been. Please see my reply to your private message which explains this in more detail. 

Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro

@nheather

I dont doubt that you are fed up with PN but if you would, please keep us posted on whether this been resolved?

All the other time aside, 3 working days since Sunday should be more than enough time for PN to sort this.