cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Part of "I Want My PAC Code" Do Plusnet Staff Not Understand.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

What Part of "I Want My PAC Code" Do Plusnet Staff Not Understand.

When I request my PAC code because of very poor signal strength, I expect the customer service agent to provide it.

The call went something like this.

Me: "May I have my PAC code please as I'm leaving due to a very poor signal where I live"

CS: "Have you contacted technical support for their help"

Me:"No, the technical team can't increase the EE signal strength so I just want my PAC code please"

CS:" What's your postcode?"

Me:Gave postcode.

CS:"Well our checker says you should be getting a really good signal"

Me:" Well I don't, so I just want my PAC code"

CS:"Technical support might be able to help"

Me: Shouting by this stage"Technical support can't fix what can't be fixed so I still want my PAC code"

CS:"You're very rude shouting at me"

Me:" If you just did what I asked I wouldn't be shouting, so your options are my PAC code or a complaint to Ofcom, your choice"

CS:" You keep talking over me & not listening to what I'm saying"

Me:"  You shouldn't be talking, I phoned for my PAC code, not for a discussion about it"

And so it went on & on until eventually CS agreed to send me my PAC code.

The upshot is that I'll now consider cancelling my Plusnet landline, BB & TV package when it comes up for renewal.

3 REPLIES 3
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Re: What Part of "I Want My PAC Code" Do Plusnet Staff Not Understand.

PAC code received & tomorrow I should have my giffgaff SIM as we get a 100% full bar 4G O2 signal in the whole area where we live, including in the house.

I will also be able to reply to short code texts.

The poor signal wasn't a problem for us making calls because we could use our Plusnet landline package for all calls including calls to mobiles.

The problems were with missing 90% of incoming calls & text messages to my mobile phone when we were in our house & not being able to reply to important short code text messages.

We have another phone with Virgin Mobile, which uses EE, & we're changing that to giffgaff for precisely the same reasons.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi caravanj,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. It doesn't sound like our usual standard of service that we provide and I can assure you that this will be fed back to help us to improve overall as a network provider. 

I'm afraid signal cannot be guaranteed due to a number of different factors such as, the density of building materials, tree cover, weather conditions and how many people are using the network. 

At present, short code numbers are a feature that we don't currently support on our network. 

I understand you're changing to another provider, but if there is anything that we can help with, be sure to give us a call on 0800 079 1133.

- Rebeka 

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Yes,we've switched to giffgaff who run on the O2 network. Our signal was virtually non-existent (the best being 2 bars of 2G outside) in most parts of house & the surrounding outside area & this was confirmed by the OpenSignal coverage checker for the whole period of our Plusnet contracts so we didn't decide to change after just a couple of days with a bad signal.

We get a full 4G signal with giffgaff.