cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome email informing me that my new SIM is now active but no SIM yet!

custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Welcome email informing me that my new SIM is now active but no SIM yet!

I have just been informed by email that my SIM is now active and have been able to log into my new mobile account. However I have not got the SIM yet as I only ordered it Saturday Lunchtime!

16 REPLIES 16
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Welcome email informing me that my new SIM is now active but no SIM yet!

@custos , out of interest, does the email advise you to call in if the SIM hasn't arrived ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @custos

If you've not received the SIM yet, please send me a private message so I can get this sorted for you as quickly as possible, or call us on 0800 079 1133, whichever is easier for you. 

custos
Aspiring Pro

No MisterW, not as far as I can see. Obviously it could not possibly have arrived yet even by 1st class post! I'm not really worried but it seems rather at odds with what I expected. If it works straight away when it does arrive that will be fine.

custos
Aspiring Pro

I have sent a PM to Emily 🙂

redrosie
Hooked

@custos. I've got my sim - 2 days to wait they say - but I'm still waiting (day 3) for my welcome email.  Perhaps you've got mine!  Sigh.     This is soooo frustrating.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @redrosie

If the SIM is active you should have received your Welcome E-mail by now, however it seems this is not the case in your situation. If you send me a private message I will look into this for you. 

redrosie
Hooked

Thank you Emily, private message sent.

custos
Aspiring Pro

To be honest with a new service just gone live I guess there are bound to be teething problems. They must be overloaded with work. No doubt it will settle down. At least we have this excellent help forum which is first class.

redrosie
Hooked

Not got the welcome email but the sim has gone live. Yay. Thanks to all those who have helped.
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Trouble is, your account has been activated and the 30 days are ticking away.  Meanwhile, no SIM card...

custos
Aspiring Pro

My SIM that was ordered last Saturday lunchtime arrived today and is working fine. The Text system for my number transfer went smoothly - now just waiting for it to happen. I am not really worried about a couple of 'lost' days as it is such a good deal.

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

SIM ordered late morning on Friday.

Email received late Monday saying it had been posted.

Email received Tuesday advising it was now active

SIM delivered with today's (Wednesday's) post but not received until I got home from work.

First bill also received today! - for £0.00

Popped it in and everything's working fine. It's showing a full signal downstairs which surprised me - and working for calls at least (haven't tried other things but ominously it's showing "G" though that's not a problem really at home with wifi (assuming there's not a power cut!) - but curiously at present it's also saying Plusnet: Emergency Calls Only. Maybe it's getting mixed up with the Three SIM also present.

First bill also received today! - for £0.00

custos
Aspiring Pro

My old number has now successfully transferred with just a couple of hours when it was not available. All in all an easy and smooth service. Just remember that you do need to re-boot the phone a couple of times to be sure that the process is complete and that you get a data connection.

JS1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

custos, did you get the SIM card to work with your Moto E3 as remember I was having great problems with my Moto E3.