cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Calling ??

joncouk

WIFI Calling ??

Having made a brief search on community posts and the interweb…. I find that WiFi calling is not available on Plusnet, however it is available on EE? We have pretty bad reception in the home, and working from home is an issue without mobile contact. I am fine on EE, my wife using your mobile network is not.

Is it correct that Plusnet do not offer Wifi calling?

If I can get a definitive response, that would be appreciated, and any future plans to add wifi calling would have an effect on my decisions to move my wife's contract away from Plusnet.

thoughts?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

9 REPLIES 9
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: WIFI CALLING ??

No, PN do not offer wifi calling as don't many MVNOs.

Yes, EE and BT Mobile(EE) do offer it.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

FIXED: VoLTE calls enabled - no ringing out VoLTE calls disabled - ringing out

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

But VoLTE are calls via the 4G network, are they not? The o.p.has a poor signal. The o.p. surely means calls via a wifi router/modem if the mobile network signal is poor?

japitts
Rising Star

VoLTE is indeed 4G-calling, which PN - as you say - don't have.

It's possible that their phone has an option to select VoLTE on or off, and by having it on, calls were (rightly) being rejected. In disabling it, calls are routed over 2G & 3G and therefore work.

And yes, you're right - if there is no usable mobile signal, the OP is asking about routing voice calls & texts over a WiFi connection. Which EE, being a network operator, offer. PN, being an EE-MVNO, don't.

Tridens
Dabbler

Re: WIFI Calling ??

No, Plusnet do not offer wifi calling as don't many MVNO

Volt calling is only on 4G when outside

japitts
Rising Star

Whether you are indoors or outdoors makes no difference to VoLTE.

EE have VoLTE network-wide on all 4G bands, PN don't have it on any. Indoors and outdoors is irrelevant.
jon47
Dabbler

WiFi Calling keeps coming up, and Plusnet have previously told me they don't offer it, and they have no plans to do so.  They've said the same in these forums.

So if WiFi Calling is a deal-breaker for you, there's a list of networks that DO support it here: https://www.4g.co.uk/news/ee-o2-three-and-vodafone-which-networks-offer-wi-fi-calling/

As of May 2020 the list includes BT, EE, FreedomPop, iD, O2, Sky, Three, Virgin and Vodafone.

Jon

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

If it’s any use to anyone specially those that have dual SIM phones you can get VoLTE and VoWiFi on the 3 networks PAYG SIM’s so a good back-up to PN or until all the MVNO’s move into the 21st century.

kurtph1969

ID also have it