cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail: phone number of person who left message

HelenMcgreary

Voicemail: phone number of person who left message

There seems to be no function within voicemail options to find the phone number of the person who left a message. I've just joined Plusnet and for the when I was previously with EE one could press 4 after listening to a message to receive a text message with the number of the person who called. Please Plusnet! Add this function to your voicemail options! It's very important for my business to be able to call people back who leave me messages, as often their numbers do not appear on my call list.

5 REPLIES 5
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: Voicemail: phone number of person who left message

Hi there @HelenMcgreary, thanks for getting in touch!

I appreciate that our Voicemail service is very basic and gives no option to obtain the number of the person who has left a message.

We have fed this back many times to hopefully have the Voicemail service improved in the future.

We haven't yet made a change to this because our mobile products are only intended for personal use therefore most customers would know the person calling!

I completely understand that this may be frustrating for you, so I will feed this back once more Smiley

I'd also advise looking for a business mobile account as well, as they will offer services specifically designed for business use!

Thank you

-Oli

HelenMcgreary

Thanks Oli for putting the request in for Plusnet to provide the function where one can receive the number of the person who left a voicemail. Even for non-business users this is an important and useful function. Any idea when it will be put in place?

NigelX

In my experience, it's more important for personal users to be able to ringback callers who leave voice messages than it is for business users: people who know you are unlikely to give their numbers, and will assume you can recognise their voice (or assume that it's sufficient to give their first name). So, as well as announcing the caller's number before reading their message, please add a way so I can press a number to 'dial through' to the caller when I am listening to their voicemail!

Gruner
Hooked

Hi Oli you say "We have fed this back many times to hopefully have the Voicemail service improved in the future." Can you let me know the name and job title of the person within Plusnet you make these many feedbacks to as I wish to include this in a complaint I am making to BT CEO Gavin Patterson
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Gruner,

We have processes in place to collect information and feed back customers suggestions to our Back Office Teams. I'm unable to advise of specific contact information, as the Teams are not customer facing however, I can assure you that all information gathered, is put forward and acknowledged. 

- Rebeka