Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notifications

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Voicemail notifications

In the past few days I keep getting new voicemail notifications, but when I phone the voicemail it says "you have no new messages". I get these notifications several times a day - yesterday I must have received at least 8, with three of them within 10 minutes of each other, and one a second or two after hanging-up from checking the voicemail for the previous notification.

Why? and how can I switch these off?

3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Voicemail notifications

Hi there @corringham,

That does sound strange, could you try the sim card in a spare device (if you have one or can borrow one) and see if the phantom alert happens on that phone too. Let us know how you get on?

Thank you.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

I am still having the problem of repeated voicemail notifications even though I have no new voicemails - it isn't the phone, as I tried the SIM in a different phone.  They are happening less often - maybe only two or three times a day now, and I have learnt to ignore the notifications. That is OK as I don't usually get any voicemails, but could be bad if I do get one and ignore it.

Is there a way to switch off voicemails to avoid the possibility of someone leaving one that I then ignore?

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @corringham,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you are encountering.

Are you free for a call from myself?

Please PM me your mobile number and I will give you a call as soon as I can.

Kind Regards