Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notifications on Samsung s8

bowieben
Hooked

Voicemail notifications on Samsung s8

Hi 

I am also not getting Voicemail notifications on my Samsung S8 since changing to Plusnet. Someone on this thread has found a solution which required getting a new sim card from Plusnet. https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Samsung-s8-has-not-voicemail-notification/td-p/1482935

Is this really the only solution? What do I need to do to get a new sim card? And will I then need to port my number over again to the new sim card?

Thanks

Ben

3 REPLIES 3
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Voicemail notifications on Samsung s8

Hi bowieben!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

We don't support Voicemail notifications on any handset. Notifications are not guaranteed and if they do work, this is entirely based upon the handset specifications alone. 

Ordering a replacement SIM card will not allow for notifications to be enabled however, you can try editing your Voicemail settings on the handset itself.

We have taken on board feedback regarding this, and it will be passed on to the relevant department.

- Rebeka 

bowieben
Hooked

Hi Rebeka

If you take a look at the last post on this thread with the 'solution' you will see that this user has the exact same phone as me with the exact same problem. Your customer services team suggested to them that a new sim card may fix it and it did.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Samsung-s8-has-not-voicemail-notification/td-p/1482935

How do I arrange for a new sim card?

Thanks

Ben

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi bowieben,

It has been known for a customer to receive a Voicemail notification after a replacement SIM, this is either 1 notification when the new SIM is inserted or if you have a notification icon 'stuck' it will remove this however, this is not consistent and will not enable Voicemail notifications. 

From a network level, we do not support this as it relies on Visual Voicemail; if it does work, it is entirely handset/handset setting dependent.

If you would like to send me a Private Message, I'll be more than happy to order you a replacement SIM card however, this does come with a charge of £3.50 which will be added to the account. 

- Rebeka