cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not working

warrenparkinson

Voicemail not working

Hi all,

I have just moved from O2 to PlusNet and I have the iPhone 6S. Everything is working great except Voicemail.

I can call Voicemail and have set up a personal greeting. However, when anyone tries to call me and I either don't answer or reject the call, the caller is not directed to my voicemail and instead just hears an engaged / busy tone.

Can anyone help, as I have called PlusNet 4 times today and have been given 4 different solutions which haven't worked. These range from rubbing the sim, to calling Apple, who have confirmed what I already knew - there is nothing wrong with my phone - it's a network issue.

Thanks in advance!
17 REPLIES 17
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Voicemail not working

Clutching at straws a little here but is Voicemail turned ON on your phone? I know on my Android phone it can be turned ON or OFF. I'm not sure if you have to ring a different number to do either of these things however.

Sorry it's probably not much help but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Hope you get it fixed. Maybe try asking someone in the 'General Chat' and see if you get any replies there?

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi warrenparkinson,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. If your voicemail is switched on, on both your handset and on your account, then this should be all up and running.

Within your voicemail settings, can you please ensure that the number to divert to voicemail is 555, if this doesn't work, input the number 07870020555.

Try this and let me know how you get on.

- Rebeka 

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@RebekaPreston

Re: Your reply to the original post above, does 555 divert ALL calls? The OP only wants calls to go to voicemail when not answered, he doesn't want to divert ALL calls. Can you show the number for Turning Voicemail ON and Turning Voicemail OFF , I would like to know this myself.

Thanks

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MKSlinky,

The voicemail options on his handset should give him the option to forward calls to voicemail if unanswered, busy etc...There is no number to call to switch on or off voicemail, If you want voicemail switching on or off, on your account by the network itself and not just the handset, you'll need to send me a private message and I can do this for you. 

- Rebeka Smiley

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

Ah I see, that sounds a bit antiquated to me. I just remembered I'm with Talk Mobile so it's of no relevance to me anyway. I'm pretty sure I can enable or disable it myself with Talk Mobile simply by dialling a 3 digit number, I will have to check with those guys.

My voicemail is also not working. I recently came over to plus net.
When I call 555 I can set up my welcome message and I have told it to allow people to record messages. However when I am called it rings for ages and then says the person is Unavaliable and cuts off.
It's important for my job that I have a working voicemail
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 96776175

Sorry to hear the inconvenience caused regarding your Voicemail. I'll certainly look into this for you and I'll do all I can to help. If you could send me a private message with your details, I can check if your Voicemail is active on your account.-Ashleigh

Simp
Hooked

I ported my number over yesterday from EE and I cannot get voicemail to work either (iPhone 6). Set everything up correctly on 555 but cannot see any option on iPhone to set up forwarding to 555 if busy / off.
Not the best start to Plusnet - Is it me or Plusnet? have I made a mistake?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

I have messaged you privately and can see you read it 10 minutes after I sent it but have had no reply. This was on Thursday last week
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @96776175

I'm very sorry for the delay in my reply! I've picked up your PM this morning, so we can discuss your account in greater detail.  -Ashleigh

Josephos

Hello,

I have a similar issue; I got a new Plusnet SIM card for my iPhone 6 and ported it last week; rather than voicemail, callers hear a message that I'm temporarily unavailable, please try later.

This has caused me to miss a change in a scheduled medical procedure. I'm certainly not absolving the hospital staff of the poor effort of only one attempt to get hold of me, but I really do need to get this service working urgently.

Please can you PM me if you can help!

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Josephos,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

If you input the code **004*+447870020555*11*30# OR **004*07870020555*11*30# depending on your handset into your dial screen, this should enable your service. 

- Rebeka Smiley

GavWimpole

I seem to be having the same problem ... when anyone calls my phone it just rings and wont forward to mailbox. I have checked all the handset setting and they are all correct. I have already contacted your help service once who gave me an MMI code (**004*+44787002555*11*30#) which did nothing to help Sad ... any ideas?

meb
Dabbler

I had exactly same issue with iPhone6 and found this thread.

I used **004*07870020555*11*30# and it now works fine so worth trying if you have the problem