cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not working

Carolyn

Voicemail not working

Please can you help me. My voicemail is not working. I have checked that I have recording enabled have rebooted my phone several times and tried to ring phone from my landline to check if call will divert to voicemail if unaswered but sadly it does not. I rang Plusnet yesterday and they said voicemail is enabled and to check with phone manufacturer. I have OnePlus 3T handset. OnePlus say the problem is with the carrier.
Hope this can be sorted out soo.
2 REPLIES 2
PacketLoss
Dabbler

Re: Voicemail not working

Hi Carolyn,

It sounds like you've not set up to forward unanswered calls to your voicemail service.

I'm an iPhone user and I'm pretty sure the OnePlus is Android (not my area I'm afraid) but I did find an article which seems to describe how to check and setup forwarding of calls to voicemail.

http://www.dummies.com/consumer-electronics/smartphones/droid/how-to-forward-calls-on-an-android-pho...

Hope the link above helps, if not less us know and maybe someone else can advise.

Good luck!

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Voicemail not working

Hi Carolyn!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your Voicemail service and I'd like to help with this!

We have 4 different codes that may help however, I can't advise as to which will work as they're all handset dependant. Can you try each one by dialling it into your keypad and calling that number?

The codes are as follows:

• **004*+447870020555*11*30#
  • **004*07870020555*11*30#
  • **61*+447870020555*11*30#
  • **61*07870020555*11*30#

Once you tried this, test your Voicemail service by calling 500 or the long Voicemail number which is: 07870020555.

If this does not work, please key into your dial pad #21# and press call. Following this, can you re-boot your handset by performing the following:

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

This will refresh the signal to the SIM card and apply any changes.

- Rebeka Smiley