cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail has been Disabled

vaseymw

Voicemail has been Disabled

I have just put my SIM into a new phone and when the phone is not answered for 30 seconds it says welcome to PlusNet Voicemail, you can't leave a message as Voicemail is disabled please send a text.  How do I enable it?

4 REPLIES 4
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Voicemail has been Disabled

Hi vaseymw,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Providing the Voicemail Service is switched on, if a call isn't answered for 30 seconds, it will divert to the Plusnet mobile Voicemail Service. If the Voicemail Service is switched off, it won't divert at all. 

We have 4 different codes that may help however, I can't advise as to which will work as they're all handset dependant. Can you try each one by dialling it into your keypad and calling that number?

The codes are as follows:

• **004*+447870020555*11*30#
  • **004*07870020555*11*30#
  • **61*+447870020555*11*30#
  • **61*07870020555*11*30#

There is also another code that you can try:

• #21#

Once you've tried this code, you'll need to re-boot your handset. You can do this by:

• Turning the handset off
  • Taking the SIM card out
  • Leaving it for a couple of minutes
  • Replacing the SIM card
  • Turning the handset back on

Following this, if the issue is still present, be sure to send me a private message with your details and I'll look into this further for you.

- Rebeka

Thornwood

I have an identical problem, but in this case the voicemail was working until recently. I have tried the various numbers suggested, which appear to register the voice mail, but it is still disabled.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @Thornwood,

Sorry that this wasn't picked up sooner. Did you manage to get a solution for this issue?

Thornwood

Deank, Thank you for your response. I have not been able to resolve this issue. It has now developed such that if I ring my phone from another it just stops ringing eventually without any automatic voice telling the caller my voice mail is disabled.

Update: the voicemail voice advising the caller the service is disabled is back. When I try the number to enable it 'conditional voicemail' is apparently enabled. Still no service though.