cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail cuts off first few seconds of recordings

pasture

Voicemail cuts off first few seconds of recordings

I'm having trouble with my voicemail. First of all, it's slow (the pre-recorded reading back of message dates and times is painful).

The main issue is messages have the first few seconds of speech cut off and so I basically miss the name and company of the person calling. I probably don't need to say how inconvenient this is, and extremely embarrassing to call someone back and ask them for those details. At first I thought maybe people weren't waiting for the beep but after confirming it myself, it's definitely the voicemail.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have spoken to PN who were clueless, they have tried switching the service off and on, and even sent me a new SIM (which they also ballsed up the activation). I have tried things myself, changing the voicemail greeting back to default, and when that didn't work, upon recording the new greeting, have found it has also cut off the start of my own greeting.

I would not recommend plusnet mobile, I've had problem after problem and would urge others to stay away if they want a reliable phone service.

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
spa
Hooked

Re: Voicemail cuts off first few seconds of recordings

Plusnet Mobile is off the back of EE 

When i had plusnet mobile i has the same issues so i left and went to Sky Mobile who are off the back of O2 and are even better priced.

But i have to say their home broadband service is really good.

Regards

Steve

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @pasture

I am deeply sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your voicemail services. In terms of the pre-recorded messages that are read back, we can raise this as feedback to the relevant team. I can see the team have attempted to assist you with this matter, unfortunately, the issue is still on-going.

Can you confirm if you have attempted to use another handset and leave a voicemail on your Plusnet mobile phone?

Do the first few seconds of the voicemail cut off once you replay the voicemail?

Kind regards.

pasture

Can you confirm if you have attempted to use another handset and leave a voicemail on your Plusnet mobile phone?

Do you mean put my SIM in another phone and then call my number, leave a voicemail and see whether that makes any difference? I have not tried that, I do not have easy access to another phone. I will try to borrow one tomorrow, but I'm not convinced that will make any difference.

Do the first few seconds of the voicemail cut off once you replay the voicemail?

Yes, it happens whether collecting for the first time, or listening from the archive (and on any listen). I think I have had one message play once from the beginning in the archive but on the next/subsequent listen in the archive it was cut off again. 

Also, there is no "gap" during playback (like there might be if the message was playing without sound), it goes from reading the time straight into the message at a few seconds in, usually long enough to cut off "Hi name, it's so and so from such and such..."

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @pasture.

So we can investigate further can you drop me a PM with the following

- Your mobile number or account number
- Your full address and postcode
- Your full name and if you're the account holder?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JohnACook
Hooked

Exactly the same issue.  The voicemail announcements goes something like

You have one new message. Message received [5-10 second silence] at 10. [5-10 second silence] 40am

Then the first bit if the message cuts off!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear this @JohnACook.

Can you also PM me the deails I asked for above?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Haffoc
Grafter

I have the same issue. First several seconds are cut off.
JohnACook
Hooked

They'll probbalyu ask for your details via PM and then you'll never hear from them about the issue again.

Sad really really as overall I think PlusNet are pretty good.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting in touch @Haffoc.

So we can investigate further can you DM us the following?

- Your mobile number or account number
- Your full address and postcode
- Your full name and if you're the account holder?

@JohnACook I've responded to your PM.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
pasture

They'll probbalyu ask for your details via PM and then you'll never hear from them about the issue again.

Haha so true. I've not heard anything either and I'm the original poster. I guess you have to call if you want something sorted but why bother to offer to sort it!