cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail alert with voicemail deactivated

kkir

Voicemail alert with voicemail deactivated

I have my voicemail deactivated but receive a notification saying I have a message.  When I try to dial voicemail (to dismiss the notification) the call cannot connect and ends.  I then receive another notification! How can I resolve it?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voicemail alert with voicemail deactivated

Hi, 

What handset are you currently using? I'm aware some handsets have an option within the settings of the phone which enables you to switch off the voicemail notification. -Ashleigh 

kkir

Hi, I'm on Moto G3 running Android Marshmallow. There doesn't seem to be a voicemail notification option on the 'Phone' App. Attached is an image of the notification I am receiving (mobile number removed Smiley )

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you tried activating voicemail, check for and delete any messages and then deactivate?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kkir

Thanks Jelv, I haven't.... is there an easy way to activate/deactivate voicemail from the handset?

Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't an option on the handset, so we'll need to do it from your account. 

If you dial 500 from your SIM or 0800 0791133 from another line, one of our colleagues will get this sorted for you. -Ashleigh