cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Notification

barclaa

Voicemail Notification

I have recently joined Plusnet and on the whole I'm delighted. What I don't like is that there is no notification when someone leaves a voicemail, which makes the voicemail feature somewhat pointless (I don't want to have to remember to keep dialling 555). Virgin and other providers send a text to say you have a VM. Does anyone know of any plans that Plusnet have in this regard?
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Voicemail Notification

Moderators Note.

Moved from feedback to mobile board
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
broadld

I have this issue too. No notification if anyone leaves a voicemail. No SMS no voicemail icon nothing at all. So you have no idea you have a message other than manually checking. This forum has numerous users complaining about this issue.
Another thing am I missing something or in the voicemail is there absolutely no way of finding the number out of who left you the message in the first place?
Come on Plusnet such a basic notification feature should just work!
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi broadld,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I completely understand your frustration with this however, our Voicemail service is a basic feature which does not support the function to leave the callers number, or a Voicemail notification on the handset when a message is left. The Voicemail notification function has been known to work with some customers however, this is entirely handset dependent and based upon the Voicemail settings within the handset itself. 

This is an ongoing topic which you can find more information about here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Samsung-s8-has-not-voicemail-notification/td-p/1482935

Although we don't support the Voicemail notifications feature, I have fed this back to our Operations Team who are currently looking into this. We cannot guarantee that there will be any amendments to this following the outcome of the investigation however, as soon as I have an update, I will post it in the above thread.

- Rebeka 

broadld

GiffGaff and every over MVNO provider offer this. I can't believe such a simple feature is not available! That will be me moving back to GiffGaff!
bob3

Voicemail notifications are extremely poor with Plusnet. I do get notified that a voicemail has been left but it is days after the call was made to my number.  The basic functionality of voicemail should be that you are notified when a voicemail has been left. This is not a handset issue as it works correctly with other MVNOs.

I'd like to know what the solution is to this please.