Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Notification Delay

grahamn
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Voicemail Notification Delay

Voicemails taking 90+ minutes to be notified to my handset. Talking to Plusnet hasn't achieved anything so far, as they seem to think all these functions are purely within the handset - not true. I'm now awaiting a call back in about 5 working days apparently from someone (hopefully someone technical, rather than CS ) as I believe there is a problem somewhere with their voicemail server and the notifications to handsets of voicemail arriving.... that doesn't address the handset alert remaining on the phone long after the voicemail was read and deleted, but that needs resolving too if they're serious about being a mobile operator - virtual or not. One month into my contract and I think I maybe requesting a PAC code very soon indeed as I simply cannot afford not to know a voicemail has come until 90+ minutes have elapsed...it was not a one-off occurrence and I wasn't out of the network at any point during the period of the delay.

9 REPLIES 9
tray-cap

Re: Voicemail Notification Delay

You're not alone.

I've just received a notification for a message left 18 hours earlier. Annoyingly, the notification now won't go away despite the message being deleted. 

Not overly impressed.

grahamn
Rising Star

Yes, I'm afraid there is something very wrong with their voicemail service... I received an SMS yesterday for a voicemail that was left 72 hrs previously. The worst part is that the customer service reps I spoke to a week or so ago, don't see a problem with this. I'm still waiting for a call I was promised from someone technical to explain all this to me.

vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I wonder if my recent issue of receiving an SMS notification for a new voicemail and checking voicemail only to find there isn't one has any bearing on this.....

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
grahamn
Rising Star

If you have received a voicemail that your listened to in the previous 5 days I would say so. The notifications are so far out of kilter it is a complete joke I'm afraid.

Over a week later since I raised the issue with CS (no mobile technical available (as "ops" don't speak to customers).

No-one has been in touch as was faithfully promised to discuss the issue with me - further proof to my mind that they have a problem without the expertise in PN mobile to solve it I'm afraid. PN really should stop pretending they know how to run a VMN Operation. My next port of call is the CEO, so that may get more interesting. It's worked well on the BB side, so that is the only move left to me it seems.

vultura
Rising Star

Thanks for reply grahamn.

Not had any new voicemails, must be months since I last had one to be honest.

The notification appears throughout the day.  Have checked voicemail settings and tried turning callers ability to leave a message on and off and back again....

grahamn
Rising Star

Ok to remove a stale notification, what I do is phone myself and leave a message.

5 minutes later I retrieve it and delete it.

I then take the phone off the network for 5-10 mins or so, rebooting it into the bargain so the network sees it re-appear...and 9 times out of 10 that clears the stale alert.

it's having to force their servers to provide an updated status, which seems to require the phone to disappear from the network for a long enough time for various aspects to expire/timeout (given that phones will roam from base station to base station so short durations being "out of sight" are not long enough....When the phone is spotted coming online after a long period, the servers spot it joining "afresh" and the various statuses are updated and pushed to the handset. Worth a try....

vultura
Rising Star

@grahamn wrote:

Ok to remove a stale notification, what I do is phone myself and leave a message.

5 minutes later I retrieve it and delete it.

I then take the phone off the network for 5-10 mins or so, rebooting it into the bargain so the network sees it re-appear...and 9 times out of 10 that clears the stale alert.

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick!

tomandreson11

This information is quite helpful. Thank you. 

ashbaggie

Mine always delivers a notification alert when I swtich the phone on the DAY AFTER the message has been left. ALWAYS!!! Very frustrating