cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Greeting

Customer2

Voicemail Greeting

Hi, I’ve just switched to Plusnet mobile and need some help.

I called the voicemail number (555) to turn it on, but the only option it gave me was to record my own message!

I didn't want to do that so I now have a blank voicemail message and no way to change it back to the default greeting.

I’ve tried codes posted on other threads to help with the same problem however the codes don’t work.

Has anyone managed to set voicemail to a default greeting? Seems like a basic feature, I’ve used it on Vodafone, O2 etc.

For some reason I can’t IM staff on here and no agents are ever available for livechat. Starting to think Plusnet was a mistake...
28 REPLIES 28
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Voicemail Greeting

Hi Customer2!

Thanks for getting in touch!

When you sign up with us, your Voicemail service will already be enabled and a default greeting will automatically be set. In order for this to be reverted back to default, we would have to send this across to our Operations Team.

In order to send us a Private Message, you do first have to send a public post (which you have done), and ensure that your email address has been verified. 

- Rebeka 

PaulaBull

Have the same problem. Please can you arrange for my greeting to revert back to the original.
CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Hi PaulaBull,

If you haven't already, send a PM to myself or another member of the team and we'll get this sorted!

- Charlie

cheyes98

Hi, I have the same problem. Would like to revert my greeting back to the default. Thanks

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Hi @cheyes98! Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your Voicemail.

As mentioned above, I'll need to pass this over to our Operations Team so they can reset it for you.

So I can access your account and arrange this, please send me a private message containing the mobile number!

Thank you

-Oli

ichodges60

Oh my goodness I am having the same problem - there doesn't appear to be an option in the voicemail settings to revert to the standard message.

Please can someone sort this out for me - I spent over half an hour on the telephone to your customer services team being told it was a problem with my iPhone. This is not a good start!

KeanosMagicHat
Hooked

Hello – I’m a recent customer of Plusnet Mobile and I believe I have the same issue.

When you originally dial your voicemail, you to are immediately asked to record your own greeting, which I have never done before and don’t wish to do now.

Unfortunately, like those above, I now have no standard greeting it just rings out and says,

“. . . afterwards you can edit your message by pressing the hash key”

And then beeps.

I think this would catch many of my callers out and they may not leave a message as a result.

f there is an option to revert this to some kind of standard greeting like,

“You have reached the Plusnet voicemail of XXXXXX, please leave a message after the tone, afterwards you can edit your message by pressing the hash key”

Then I would like to arrange that as soon as possible please.

How do I go about this?

Is it still the same process as before, to send a PM to one of the Plusnet advisors in this thread?
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KeanosMagicHat,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

If you could send me a Private Message with your details, I can send this over to our Operations Team to request the default greeting to be reverted back to default. 

- Rebeka Smiley

KeanosMagicHat
Hooked

Thank you Rebeka - PM sent.
KeanosMagicHat
Hooked

Often when something’s resolved people don’t come back to forum threads to provide a final update.

So, for those who find themselves in the same situation, I can confirm that Rebeka above has sorted the issue for me and my voicemail has reverted to the original greeting of,

“You are through to the Plusnet Mobile Voicemail . . .”

Thanks again.
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KeanosMagicHat,

I've yet to receive this update directly from our Operations Team however, I'm glad that this is all up and running for you now. 

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to get back in touch with us. 

- Rebeka Smiley

atul
Dabbler

I would also like to change the voicemail greeting  back to the default.

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Hi there @atul thanks for getting in touch!

If you haven't already, drop any of us mobile staff members a private message and we'll be able to arrange this for you!

You'll just need to go on the profile and find the private message option Smiley

Thanks 

-Oli

colonelross
Dabbler

And another new customer who would like to revert to the default Plusnet greeting.