Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice over LTE

FIXED
cyrix2000
Dabbler

Voice over LTE

Hi,

Do plus.net mobile contracts include access to the Voice over LTE service EE is offering in their 4G network?

If yes, which handsets are supported (on the EE website it only lists a subset of handsets and they need to run EE firmware).

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voice over LTE

Fix

Hey, 

VoLTE (voice over LTE) isn't something we'd be able to provide. Although we use EE's network, we don't always have the same facility. I'm sorry about that! -Ashleigh

RJM
Rising Star

Oh dear,

I didn't know that - looks I will be leaving.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Volte on EE itself is quite restrictive at the moment. Only contract phone or SIM only customers can use it and there are only a few high end phones they support it on.

RJM
Rising Star

I have an VoLTE capable phone and was put on with EE by LIFE Mobile.

Quite, frankly there is only one friend I have that has an VoLTE enabled phone and he switched 4G off and both us really could not notice a great deal of difference in the quality. (Maybe, if I was younger I would!)

So, instead of leaving Plusnet Mobile I will be staying for the time being and just hope they offer some of the EE add-ons eventually. 

cyrix2000
Dabbler

Voice over LTE is not giving you a better voice quality but:

- lower power consumption (the phone doesn't need to switch from 4G to 3G every time it receives a call or makes a call) and indoors 4G has usually a better reception compared to 3G

- you may have only 4G reception in certain areas (especially indoors) which then leads to the fact that you cannot make calls if you have no voice over LTE

- the time it takes to initiate a call is shorter (because the phone doesn't need to switch networks)