cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual voicemail

gazzmanzx6

Visual voicemail

Does Plusnet Mobile support Visual Voicemail on the iPhone like EE do?

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Visual voicemail

Morning, 

It's certainly a good idea, but unfortunately we don't have the facility to provide Visual Voicemail; so it's not something we can support. I'm sorry about that. -Ashleigh

smc

That is a great pity - I am a happy Plusnet broadband customer and would switch to your mobile plan at the drop of a hat if you provided visual voicemail support for iPhones. 

Only EE and O2 offer this and for a number of iPhone users it is a prerequisite when looking for a contract. Can you please feed back that there is customer demand for this and see if Plusnet would look into investing in this service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand completely. 

We are always looking for ways to improve our service, so I'll definitely feed this back to the relevant department; however, there's no guarantee as it's not something we've been able to offer beforehand. 

Apologies once again.

gazzmanzx6

That is a shame as it is a deal breaker for me.

Hopefully it will get implemented in the future as I would switch to Plusnet Mobile if it was.

gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

No visual voicemail is also a deal breaker for me Angry

Its like going back to the 20th Century. 

In addition 20 Mbps speed is very poor compared to my current O2 4G offering. I just did a speed test and I am getting 44.66 download and 22.61 upload from my iPhone on O2.

The only reason I considered the PlusNet offering was the data allowance which is streets ahead, and the coverage in a particular area that I visit is much better on EE than O2 which is almost non existent.

I need to weigh up whether this is worth the inevitable hassle with number transfer, waiting for sim activation and even getting an email from PlusNet (still waiting).

samlivingstone

I switched to Plusnet mobile not realising I would lose visual voicemail in the process. Really gutted now!

Plusnet, you can definitely add my vote in favour adding support for visual voicemail!

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

I have voicemail switched off, but then I do. have a life that isn't based around a phone.

Lol

Grin

gm4jjj
Rising Star

You can always cancel of course, that is what I did, treating the offer as a trial. In my case the poor signal strength compared to O2 and the very slow 3G data rate made it worthless. Good price, but no point in having large data plan if you could never use it. Your mileage may vary of course.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Voice mail is ideal for people that don't want to be at the mercy of callers all the time. But still need really important calls. If you are out of phone coverage or in a meeting with your phone off as you should have.  Visual voicemail is rather good as you can easily see who has left a message rather than having to listen to voicemail in a serial manner.  Anyway it is something that you do miss if you have had it in the past.

What is clear is that there is more to a mobile contract offer than just the headline number of free minutes and data allowance.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

I work on the basis that if a call's that urgent the caller will phone back.

If they don't then it couldn't have been urgent.

RJM
Rising Star

You pay for what you get.

Plusnet Mobile is good value but, if if you want all the extras then you are going to have pay more each month and go elsewhere.

I am quite happy to check my phone log to see of whom I have missed when I turn the phone back-on.

I really think it is unrealistic to expect the same product as "EE" at a lower price.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Agreed entirely, you need to read the small print as there are always catches. It is very hard to compare deals between suppliers as they all offer slightly different add ons and it is easy to not realise something that may be important to you is not included or even available at all. Even reading the small print can still not highlight such things, however this forum at least allows us to ask questions.

ZiQi

I always switch off / disable voicemail. Never liked it, don't have answer service on home phone either.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Fine, but we are discussing visual voicemail specifically and the lack of it on PlusNet. It is your perogative to turn off voicemail if you don't want or need it, but if visual voicemail is not an option at all then we don't the choice, that's all.