cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor customer service

mialex
Dabbler

Very poor customer service

Had a problem last month and lost my phone line and broadband for a few days.

Absolutely no apology from Plusnet.

This month, could not receive calls on my mobile phone. After trying several codes etc given by Plusnet (privately on community mail as they do not want other customers knowing how to fix a problem.

They sent out a new SIM yesterday.

Phoned Plusnet to activate it, [CSA Removed]. Got a couple of points on security question wrong so he refused to carry on with call, and said only way to continue is to hang up and call back.

I checked I had correct info in front of me for security questions, Called Plusnet, I was put through to [CSA Removed], who asked same questions which I answered correctly, but he also wanted bank account info. I did not have this to hand, he then wanted join date for plusnet mobile, I said i could not remember but it was from the roll out date. He refused to carry on.

I struggled upstairs (I am disabled) and went to my computer to get start date. I called back, this time I got [CSA Removed], who sorted the matter without my account start date or half the stupid security questions previously asked (I am now in agony from having to climb upstairs).

When finally done, still no apology from Plusnet. They do not care. I will be considering leaving when my phone line, broadband, web hosting and mobile are due to be renewed.

I have been loyal since the days before they called themselves Plusnet, and when customer service was the best. But loyalty stands for nothing with this bunch.

The people they employ for customer service must be the rejects from TalkTalk.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA names removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Very poor customer service

Hi @mialex

Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention. I'm so sorry to hear this has been the case- I can assure you it's not something we intend. Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the lack of service on your account and I hope the replacement SIM card has resolved the matter. In terms of accessing your details, we do adhere with the Data Protection Act and if you're unsure of one of the answers or if you provide us with the wrong information, we'll need to ask additional questions for security purposes- this isn't only to protect ourselves but also our customers, who are our main priority. 

I appreciate this isn't an ideal situation and I'm sorry for any distress caused. It would be such a shame to lose your custom, as I believe this is something we're able to amend. I'd really like to look into this further and I'll do all I can to help- if you'd like to send across your details via private message, I'll ensure this is picked up. -Ashleigh 

mialex
Dabbler

Re: Very poor customer service

Oh look, they want a chat now. I am signed into my community account, but to discuss anything, I will receive a message to supply security details. I will send this, I will then get another message asking for another piece of security info. Then I may get the chance to find out what Plusnet want.

I registered my memorable piece of info back in the 90's,  I call from my plusnet phone number, give my full name and address. I just think Plusnet want personal info . Knowledge is power. 

Will not use private message, if you are too scared to let other members know how bad you are, that you cannot rectify your faults, or the fact that these problems are common, then we should all find another provider.