cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Disappointed

ST1965

Very Disappointed

Having previously been a Plusnet broadband customer, I've just jumped on board with a new mobile SIM.  Unfortunately it has been like dealing with 2 different companies.  With broadband if I ever had any problems they were resolved quickly and efficiently - I only left to take advantage of cashback/joining incentives from other providers.

Now with the mobile totally different.  Ported number last Saturday, I'm aware of weekend porting issues, but when my old providers SIM stopped working on Tuesday I thought my old number would transfer over later that day. Nothing happened.  Maybe overnight for Wednesday; nope.  Received an email explaining they've hit a snag and were working on it. Thursday, no progress.  Called 500, all they could do is confirm what I knew.  Can't put me through to anyone who could actually help, can't escalate it. Overnight no progress. 

I've ported on numerous occasions in the past, this is the only time I've had issues, very disappointed. Missed loads of calls and important texts exceptionally inconvenient. My eldest's contract is just about up with his provider. Given my experience and having read the numerous comments within this forum there is no way I'll be bringing him over. 

I've ordered a handset from Hong Kong (big risk I know) the race is on to see if it arrives before Plusnet ports my number. 

Come on Plusnet you're giving Yorkshire a bad name!!!!!!!!! 

2 REPLIES 2
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Very Disappointed

Hi ST1965,

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us, it's much appreciated. 

I'm really sorry to hear about the delay with your port-in, it certainly isn't our usual high standard of service that we provide however, I can assure you that this will be under investigation to be resolved as soon as possible. 

The port-in process takes up to 1 working day when processed before 6pm on a weekday or up to 2 working days when processed after 6pm to complete; we don't process ports of a weekend. On rare occasions, ports can become 'stuck' during the transfer stage which may extend its completion time. If this happens, it will automatically be raised with our Operations Team who'll work to implement a fix as quickly as possible.

Ports can be delayed due to many factors however, the overall process involves obtaining the porting files from your previous network provider; which is an intricate process entailing manually bringing them all together to get that number across from the network to us. 

I wouldn't be able to advise specifically as to what the issue is with your port-in or advise of a time scale as to when this would complete but rest assured, If you have been advised that it has been raised with our Operations Team, they will be working to get this completed for you as soon as possible. 

- Rebeka 

hagster
Hooked

Re: Very Disappointed

@ST1965

You can fill out OFCOMs monitoring form at this link to inform the regulator of this failure to meet there legal obligations. If we all do this then hopefully someone will pull there finger out.

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring