cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification codes from google

AndreiJ

Verification codes from google

Why am i not getting any verification codes from facebook or google? How am i supposed to verify my account so i can actually use it on my phone or other device? On google for example, it's the only way to verify a device to log in on it. How am i supposed to do it? Why would anyone stick to this service if they don't provide the most basic and crucial functionality? If your answer is that I simply can't verify any devices just cause the network can't forward that code to my phone i'm switching providers instantly.

3 REPLIES 3
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Verification codes from google

Hi AndreiJ,

You'll not be able to receive any verification codes from certain companies, as they use a short code numbering service. I'm sorry, but short codes are a feature that we don't currently support on our network. 

It has been fed back as a suggestion previously. If we do decide to implement this in the future, we'll be sure to let everyone know. 

- Rebeka 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

As an aside, it shouldn't be the only way to verify your Google account. You should find that other options are available e.g. using an authenticator app/one time password. Of course, changing the mechanism your account uses is reliant on you being logged in somewhere else already.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

spdrake
Hooked

I get verification codes by text from both Google and Facebook.

I believe that it's only when you send a message to a short code that it doesn't work. Receiving should be OK.