cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the internet through plusnet mobile

BryanJ
Hooked

Using the internet through plusnet mobile

Is anyone else having problems connecting to the internet via their plusnet mobile sim data.

Since last Friday the service for me has been terrible. Every page I go to is so much slower to load and frequently the connection just drops out.

Is this an issue unique to me at the moment or is this some sort of broader system wide problem with plusnet services right now.
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Using the internet through plusnet mobile

Mine's working fine so I don't think it's a general problem. Maybe its local to you , possibly an EE network issue causing you to lose the 4g signal and revert to 3g which would explain why it's slow. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BryanJ
Hooked

I admit I've no idea who plusnet mobile gets its 4G signal from so this might be the case.

Although in the few minutes before I typed this it's operating better than it has been since last Friday.

Anyway thanks for the reply.
BryanJ
Hooked

Well ignore that bit about it operating better than had been in days because it's turned to [-Censored-] again.

I've been a plusnet mobile customer for a couple of years now and I have never had anything like the problems I've had with it in the past week, it's been ridiculous.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @BryanJ

I'm sorry to read you're had some trouble with your mobile signal and I apologise for the frustration caused. Can you expand on the issues you're seeing and what services are been affected i.e. data/calls/sms? Can you also check over here incase there are any signal issues in your local area EE are aware of and are working on. 

Thanks. 

BryanJ
Hooked

Hi thanks for responding.

The issue as I understand it is a fault with the signal from ee. Which they are investigating the cause of, which was causing slow and dropped connections whenever I tried to get on the internet via the data part of my plan.

Hope that all makes some sense to you.