cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using phone in non-EU European country?

Johnny2R
Hooked

Using phone in non-EU European country?

I'm going to North Macedonia next week, a European country which is not in the EU, and which is not one of the countries covered by 'Roam Like At Home'. I'm wondering whether there are any add-ins or anything I can buy (like I used to be able to with Vodafone with their £3 per day charge) which will allow me to use my calls and data allowance there. Otherwise it would work out horribly expensive! If not, what other options are available to me (e.g., temporary use of SIM from other provider, etc)?

4 REPLIES 4
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Using phone in non-EU European country?

Hello @Johnny2R,

I am afraid we don't have any products for roaming outside Europe at this current time and it would be standard rates found here. In regards to using another sim while over there, you should be able to do this as long as the handset is unlocked to any network.

Did you get the handset from us?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Johnny2R
Hooked

OK, thanks. I have an older phone which is unlocked, so I'll use that for the duration. I'll probably try to get a local SIM there.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

No problem @Jonny2R, I hope you have a lovely time. CheesyCool

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@Johnny2R wrote:I'm going to North Macedonia next week,. If not, what other options are available to me (e.g., temporary use of SIM from other provider, etc)?

If you have an unlocked phone, check out Lycamobile Macedonia  They do deals etc. Might help, might not. I usually buy a local sim whatever country I go to. Tends to work out cheaper.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?