cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Roam at Home - EU

sirgoldi
Hooked

Using Roam at Home - EU

"With an allowance of 20GB, you’ll have up to 15GB of data to use per month as part of our fair usage policy, as we may apply a surcharge for further data beyond that. "

What exactly means "may apply"? So if I go over 15GB it doesn't necessarily mean automatic charge for doing so? When you will charge me and when not? 

Also what are limitations for using Tethering? Can I use whole 30 GB I will have on my plan for Tethering (in UK and abroad)?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Using Roam at Home - EU

@sirgoldi wrote:

"With an allowance of 20GB, you’ll have up to 15GB of data to use per month as part of our fair usage policy, as we may apply a surcharge for further data beyond that. "

What exactly means "may apply"? So if I go over 15GB it doesn't necessarily mean automatic charge for doing so? When you will charge me and when not? 

I’d read from that as we may charge you extra if you go over, but if we don’t then that’s a win.  If you’re worried, I’d personally stay under the limit we say. 

@sirgoldi wrote:

Also what are limitations for using Tethering? Can I use whole 30 GB I will have on my plan for Tethering (in UK and abroad)?

No limitations on tethering, but when you’re abroad the above ^ would still apply. More info here > https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/tethering-with-plusnet-mobile/

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
sirgoldi
Hooked

Re: Using Roam at Home - EU

Thanks but why not more straightforward communication like "we will charge you £1 for every 1GB over 15GB allowed abroad" or something like that? Or we will charge if this will happen in two subsequent months. This is really confusing. Up to you of course but that's unpleasant why of communication as a perspective of customer TBH.