Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using EE Network Status

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Using EE Network Status

At this moment in time my local 2G, 3G come 4G mask is down and out so I’m only getting a weak signal from another mask about a mile and a half away so network data speeds are as slow as 1990’s dial up.

The EE “Network Status” web page is saying there is a problem with the mask and it should be fixed in the next 16 hours. It’s been saying that for 5 day’s now so I don’t know how many hours there are in an EE day.

Anyway getting back to EE status page, you can use the EE web site to be kept informed of the progress of the fix by provided a email address or by SMS using your PlusNet number and it works.

Just another note while I’m here about the 16 hours fix time from EE, the mask in question here in south Bristol is also shared with the 3 network and their saying they hope to fix it in the next 7 days.Undecided

4 REPLIES 4
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Using EE Network Status

Good to know about getting updates.

Perhaps 3 and EE are having a punch up about who gets to fix it Knuppel

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro

Their reporting system does seem to work as I had a SMS and e-mail from EE saying the local mask is fixed and indeed it was for 10 minutes but now its intermittent with data coming and going and almost every call being dropped within the first minute.

Hope they sort it soon because a day or so you can let go but it becomes annoying when your into the second week of problems.

metalsman
Hooked

I have had a problem with my EE mast since 10th August when EE network status checker confirmed there was a problem with their mast. Service has been very intermittent since then with signal completely dropping out for up to 10 minutes then being available again for a short time.  This continually repeats.  Since last Friday evening I have had no signal whatsoever.  Phoned PN last week and all they could do was confirm there was a problem with the mast.  Phoned again today about no phone service and again could only confirm issue with the mast - about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Tried to phone EE to find out when the mast is liable to be fixed - won't accept my call as I am not an EE customer. Phone PN who confirm they can do nothing - not even any pressure to EE or ask when it is liable to be fixed.  Totally fed up but at least PN has given me a months credit on my bill.

Can anyone on this forum (or anyone at PN) tell me how I can find out how to contact EE to find out how long this is going to take to fix the mast.  I have been getting updates weekly from EE with the same automated message "don't know how long it will take".  Are they trying to say that they cannot identify the fault in a 3 week timescale?

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro

Unfortunately you can’t talk to EE about the problem mast but the “its fixed” SMS to your phone works even with a PN sim so although you know there’s a problem you’re on the outside looking in with no way to get further information.

A few EE mast also carry 3 network mast too or shared mast as my local one does and if you go to the network status page for 3 they sometimes give a date of a fix if it’s effecting them too.

When my local was intermittent awhile back the EE status site just said it would be fixed in the next 16 hours while the 3 status site was saying 7 day to fix and also gave a reason for the time delay and in that case it said “because the mast is on private land we have to gain permission to access the mast” and that was no doubt true because the mast is on top of a council owned tower block and the 3 statement turned out to be the true one.