cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless!

Mickt
Hooked

Useless!

Purchased two new SIM contracts with number ports, both numbers ported before SIM card arrived so now no service! Both of us losing work through this. Why on earth don't you wait until new SIM active on network.

Customer service useless.

Will raise with OFCOM and ADR.
7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Useless!

Hi @Mickt 

I'm really sorry to see you haven't received your SIMs yet. If you can private message us with the following details so we can access your account and pass our data protection checks, we'll make sure the SIM's still on the way for you. We'll also be happy to discuss a fair and proportionate goodwill gesture for the inconvenience.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

I would note though in order to escalate to the ADR you'll need to have provided us with an opportunity to help or if we've agreed we can't do anything further to resolve your complaint and provide you with a deadlock letter. We go into more detail in our Complaints Code of Practice here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mickt
Hooked

Already done this by phone, Sim's were posted on Monday morning with no tracking.

Are you going to compensate my wife and I for lost earnings?

What if Sims don't arrive?
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Why on earth would you port a number before the SIM arrives?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Mickt 

I'm afraid we don't compensate for loss of earnings as our mobile service isn't designed to run or support a business.

If we put your SIM in the post on Monday then I'd have expected you to have received it by now. 

Having said that, if it doesn't turn up in tomorrow's post, drop me a PM with the above details and we'll send another. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mickt
Hooked

Because if you select keep existing number the website forces you to add the PAC code
Mickt
Hooked

By express tracked courier?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately we can't send a SIM out by any other method of delivery than standard 1st class post. 

The vast majority I'd say arrive before the port completes, but I appreciate some don't if there's a delay somewhere. 

I'll provide feedback regarding this as I know it's not a great experience if this happens. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet