Did you mean: 

Useless "Instant Chat"

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Useless "Instant Chat"

Hi @aesmith

Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

If you would like a quicker response to a query we would advise calling in as some days the call queues can be very low and at the highest over the last few weeks have been 40 minutes. Live chat when available is fairly quick but we do have to pass security should the queries be account-specific. 

We try our best to respond as soon as possible via social media and community but on occasion, volumes can be quite high and a response isn't possible until the next working day. Weekend queries sometimes receive responses on the following Monday. 

Kind Regards

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks.

queues can be very low and at the highest over the last few weeks have been 40 minutes

I think that says it all if you consider 40 minutes on hold something to be proud of!

Live chat when available is fairly quick but we do have to pass security should the queries be account-specific. 

The problem is that they go through all that security stuff before finding out what the call is about.  And considering that live chat is launched from the logged in account page they should have most of the information that they need in any case.  Common sense should also tell them that someone calling with a mobile phone question probably doesn't have their bank statements in their hand, so asking questions that mean the caller needs to go off an look something up is bound to slow things down.

I still don't see what the beef against email is.  It's hard to think of anything less secure and accountable than social media, so I presume that's just a fashion thing.  Even if you thought the incoming email had been spoofed, the answer would still go to the email address to which you regularly send confidential account and financial information.

RM1
Grafter

Welcome to my world

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Oops-Something-went-wrong-please-try-again/td-p/1669393

Edit: this was in reply to caravanj's post on page 1 about this error