cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage app

ad47uk
Grafter

Usage app

Is there no app  plusnet mobile that I can use to tell me how much data, voice I have used? All other providers have one including Giff gaff, surly it is not that difficult to produce an app to do this for plusnet.

13 REPLIES 13
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Usage app

Giffgaff have been around for 8 years and took 5 years to launch it's app, PN has been here for about 5 weeks, give them a chance.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Colin_Maybe

Well not quite as Plusnet Mobile is really "Life Mobile" so they have been around for more than 5 weeks

LIFE Mobile was a virtual network established in 2013, and then owned and operated by EE - the UK's biggest 3G network. It is now part of Plusnet Mobile.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Good afternoon!

The app is in the works. Smiley

An estimated release date hasn't been made known to us yet, so that's something to watch out for in the future, as there'll be updates on the website and/ or forum when it's nearly ready.

In the meantime, you can of course access your detailed usage on the "My account" section of the Mobile part of our website. Also, if you prefer, you can contact us via Live Chat or free on 500 from your plusnet SIM - we'll happily let you know where you're up to. Smiley

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

A stop gap until the PN app becomes available is an app called “My Data Manager” for Android in the Play store.

Only been using it a few days but seems to be OK recording data, voice and text messages. It also gives a warning if you’re going over your daily average use with it telling you how much data, voice and SMS you will use by the end of your contract month if you continue using at your current rate.

ad47uk
Grafter

Cheers for that. 

TBH, it is not as bad getting the info from the plusnet site as it is with Vodafone. Vodafone have this 2FA system whihc is annoying as you have to have the mobile with you .,

Colin_Maybe
Pro

@SpendLessTime I'm pretty sure that it's a little bit more complicated than just changing logo's. Did Life Mobile ever have an app?

SpendLessTime
Hero

@Colin_Maybe

What I've clearly stated is that this mobile organisation has been going for many years and is not a new thing. 

So no easy ride for mistakes based on "But it's only 5 weeks old" which it clearly is not.

Colin_Maybe
Pro

@SpendLessTime Plusnet in effect bought Life Mobile's database so they still only started on the 29th of November 2016. It's a simple fact that seems to constantly go over your head.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Not quite, Life mobile became Plusnet mobile - same staff etc. wasn't just a customer take over.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SpendLessTime
Hero

Thank you @dvorak, I knew that  but seems others do not.

@Colin_Maybe are you going to apologise for that comment?

Colin_Maybe
Pro

@SpendLessTime Apologise? For what, is this a forum for 12 year olds?

If nothings changed then answer me this, why were there so many problems when they launched if it's just a change in logo as you seem to think and they've been around for years? It should have been seamless surely?

Edit: I might add that since this thread is about an app and as far as I'm aware Life Mobile never had one (I did look) then for this purpose, even if you were right in other regards, they have still only existed for less than a couple of months.

jarvs
Hooked

Has this app been released yet?

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi jarvs!

The app is still very much in the pipeline. We don't have a release date for this yet, but as soon as we do, we'll be sure to let everyone know!

In the meantime, you can pop over to https://www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/jsf/pages/Login.xhtml and log into your online 'My Account'. You'll be able to view all of your bills, usage, make payments etc... via here. 

If you have a Smartphone, you can also 'pin' this page to your home screen, and this very much acts as an app.

- Rebeka Smiley