cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage App (again!) - 'Admin' attention please...

AndyW9999

Usage App (again!) - 'Admin' attention please...

The subject has been raised on at least 2 occasions previously that I can see (Jan 2017 and Mar 2017) and according to @MarcJohnson ('Plusnet Help Team') "...The app is in the works." [21/01/2017] - see post here.

So, at least 7 months on and I can find no sign of an App being available.

@Admin can you please find out what the official position is from the powers that be and let us know what's happening.....thnx.

Anyone recommend third party usage/data apps meantime?

7 REPLIES 7
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Usage App (again!) - 'Admin' attention please...

Hi AndyW9999

Thanks for getting in touch. 

The official position regarding the App is, the app is in development but we don't have a release date just yet. 

In the meantime some handsets will allow you to pin your My Account to your home page so you always have easy access. 

AndyW9999

Thanks for the quick reply. Shame there's no change in 7 months, plenty of time to develop and publish an app, what's the hold up?.....

jogwolf
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

If you Google Plusnet app there's an app that come up for Plusnet broadband which is badly rated and when you try to install you notice it has been deleted from the app store. If they failed the app for the broadband which was there years before their mobile services I would not hold my breath for the mobile app. You better forget about it.
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

If you mean the iOS/Android apps, then they weren't official apps IIRC, but developed by a customer

AndyW9999

@AndyW9999 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Shame there's no change in 7 months, plenty of time to develop and publish an app, what's the hold up?.....

'Admin' / 'Help Team' @SarahStewart ........it would be good if you could find out more, really no good reason I can see why PlusNet haven't had an App in place a long time back, after all Plusnet is owned by BT and BT have an App for their network users....

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/phones-tablets/how-to-use-the-bt-mobile-app-android-iphone-113641638...

and Plusnet uses the EE mobile network and EE have an App for their customers...

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/sign-up-and-manage-your-account/ee-check-your-d...

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

In the meantime some handsets will allow you to pin your My Account to your home page so you always have easy access. 

Not really viable.  For a start you have to key in your user name and password from scratch each time that web page is launched.  It's not a very mobile friendly web page either, using up huge amounts of space with goofy graphics which you have to scroll past to get to the login dialogue boxes, then if you successfully login then you have to scroll past them all over again to reach any information.

I said "if" because it can take a lot of attempts to login,  just one test just now failed first time with that "something's gone wrong, please try again" message, once after accepting details it went to a screen saying I'd been logged out due to inactivity, then third time lucky it finally got in.

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

And another error on submitting username/password .... "Could not open the page, too many redirects.” or similar, I should have written it down at the time.