cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading photos and/or short scenic videos?

FIXED
Miriam
Grafter

Uploading photos and/or short scenic videos?

Hi .   I don’t need an expensive contract so I hav the £9.50 unlimited minutes and nlimited texts, which I am happy with.

occasionally, however, I would like to post a photo or short video on my Facebook Timeline.   Each time I do so it costs me 40p.

any suggestions what I should add so that I don’t spend a lot each time I want to post a pic?

14 REPLIES 14
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Uploading photos and/or short scenic videos?

Hi Miriam, how much data allowance do you have? If you're posting a photo or video to Facebook while on data (Edge, 3G, or 4G), this should come out of your allowance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Miriam
Grafter

Hi, thanks for quick reply.   I have 4GB

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Miriam

Have you received any texts to advise you're close to the 4GB allowance or exceeded it? Uploading to Facebook should come out of your allowance, do you upload there via their app?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Miriam
Grafter

I have never used my 4GB allowance, not even close.   Also on my December bill instead of £9.50 it showed £10.30.   It also showed “texts 0.67” which mystifies me because my texts are unlimited?.

come to think of it.  In November I uploaded a photo of my dogs, and there was no charge, so you must be right enough it will have been in my allowance.   But, that charge of 0.67 in December is a big mystery to me?

Miriam
Grafter

I DO upload via the FB app on my phone!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah uploading photos and videos via the Facebook App (or any other way actually as long as you're using data) will definitely come out of your allowance.

Looking at our price guide Here a picture message costs 40p that's not included in the allowance. When you've text someone, have you included a picture in it?

On your bill if you go to itemised usage, is there a number next to the 67p you've been charged? Don't post the number up here, but is it a normal UK mobile?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Miriam
Grafter

I shall look again at the itemised text.   Also i have sent a pic to a friend via text, but normally i would whasapp that friend.

All of my texts on the itemised show the person and the cost for the text, rightly £ 0.00.   All through my texts the figure correctly appears as such.    It is for this reason that on my main bill for Decmber the “texts  0.67” is a mystery as there is no explanation given.

I only text friends who live locally.   I am actually not a big texter

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah no problem, I too don't text much as I prefer Facebook/WhatsApp as well. Feel free to PM me your mobile number and I'll be happy to check this for you when I'm in the office tomorrow. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Miriam
Grafter

Thanks Gandalf, I shall do so.   I’m not bothered about such a little amount, it’s what it was for👍😀I probably did something to cause it and just can’t recall 😀

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers Miriam, no problem I agree I'm the same way in wanting to understand. 

I've looked at your bill and I've worked this out, I'm sending you a PM back with just a few questions to pass our data protection process so I can tell you. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Miriam
Grafter

Gandalf, I have replied to your message, but not heard back yet?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Sorry for the delay Miriam, I'd left the office at that point and I'm not in this weekend. Will message you back on Monday. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Miriam
Grafter

Problem sorted, and thanks for the help and assistance with my query.

Well done !!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Miriam and thanks for the post back.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet