cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading plan

siparamedic

Upgrading plan

My 12 month sim only plan expires in June 2022.  The FAQ section on the Plusnet Help pages state the following :

"Can I change my minimum term SIM only plan?"

You can change to an applicable higher priced plan at any time during your contract, and with out 12 month contract you get even more flexibility.  These allow you to move to a higher or lower plan, so long as you don't go lower than your original.

Have just phoned Plusnet as I'd like to upgrade to a package with more data and therefore more expensive per month and have been told I have to wait to the end of my contract next June.  I can add (ridiculously expensive) "bolt ons" but not change the plan which is contradictory to the info in the help section.  If I have to wait to the end of my current contract that's fine but it makes the info above misleading.

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Upgrading plan

@siparamedic  from my reading of the T & C's you do seem to be correct. Section 25 here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/mobile-terms/ does seem to cover upgrading whilst retaining the current contract period.

Can I suggest first that you call back and see if you get a more knowledgeable Customer service rep, and maybe quote the T & C's. If that doesnt get a satisfactory result then post back and I'll escalate this thread for a Help team staff member to respond

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

siparamedic

Thank you, much appreciated, will do
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Welcome to the Forum

I suggest you call 500 from your PN mobile and then the " I'm thinking of leaving button"

You will get through quite quickly and hopefully get a very knowledgeable person with more plans you can have

I have changed plans midterm before with no problems 

Let us know how you get on

Good luck

siparamedic

Thank you. I'll give them another call
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for your post @siparamedic and welcome to our Community Forums.

I’m sorry for the issues you’re having to upgrade your plan. Let us know how it goes once you’ve rung our mobile team again.

If you’re still having problems, drop my ‘on shift’ forum account @Gandalf a private message with the following details and we’ll be happy to take a closer look. This info will pass our data protection checks on here.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
siparamedic

Thanks everyone. I had messaged Plusnet on Facebook messenger prior to posting on here. They got back to me this afternoon and were able to upgrade the plan so all sorted now. Perhaps the lady I spoke with on the phone was new and didn't know it could be done 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, all sorted now