Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a Direct Debit Details

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Updating a Direct Debit Details

Want to change the account that the direct debit for my mobile contract comes from ,but can't see any way to do it online. Am I being dense, as it seems possible for broadband account.?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

5 REPLIES 5
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Updating a Direct Debit Details

Looks like the website has been redesigned for Sun readers.

Go to www.plus.net

Click "Sign into your account"
(Put your username and password in - as per)

Provider is PlusNet

It'll take you to a page.

Click Billing at the Top.
Scroll to the bottom.
They'll be a button marked "Change payment method".

I don't need to change mine, so I won't try it but it should work for you.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for trying - but that works for broadband/phone accounts. No such pages for mobile accounts !!

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

It looks like the option to change your direct debit date in your account is only visible from a desktop device.

You'd login to your mobile account from Here, then go to the Account tab then click on Direct debit date.

If you just have a mobile device you may need to call us by dialling 500 from your mobile device I'm afraid.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
davidj66
Aspiring Pro

@Anoush -Don't want to change the date ! Want to change the bank account the DD comes out of !!

Seems daft to have to give bank details over the phone - too easy for someone to mishear the account number ,misspell the name etc.

Looks like I'll have to brave the phone system but why PN allow a change online for broadband but not for mobile phone, defeats me! The DD is due next week so I'll have to leave until the next one has cleared now.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Ah I apologise I misread your post. Unfortunately that can only be done over the phone. Thanks for the feedback though I’ll pass it on internally. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button